1936 Buick Mclaughlin

Guest stevesbuicklimo

Guest stevesbuicklimo

just a quick question ,i have seen a 1936 Buick mclaughlin for sale in need of restoration.bodywork looks to be pretty good but the car is partially stripped. apparently all parts are with the car,my question is what would be a good approximate price to pay?.i already own a restored 90l and have a garage full of parts just in case theres anything missing.regards Steve

Length of hood lets me guess it's a 40 Series 4-door sedan. I don't believe I've ever seen one with a sunroof. At about $1.50 per British Pound, it is already well north of cheap - even for a sidemounted car. Maybe resto labor and chroming is less expensive in the UK?

It will make a very nice car - If it has little or no rust, it would be worth a few $K to not have to deal with that.

Good Luck.

Guest stevesbuicklimo

Thanks for the replies the car sold for 9500 dollars a little over my budget,quite expensive for a restoration project.but hopefully gone to someone who will breath life back into it.I'll just keep enjoying my 90l for now :)

Hard to to tell, but 90% sure it is a series 40. Hardly anything would fit your series 90. To me was a high price given the quality (igonore the new paint).

Its does not have a sunroof. Cars of at age did not a have pressed metal roof (turrent top?). Was a fabric insert.

Guest Jeff_Miller

When I bought my 1936 McLaughlin it was running, driveable, and complete minus one hub cap and I paid about $10,000 U.S. complete with delivery from Toronto to MN. I have already sunk another almost $5,000 into it replacing wiring, fixing the starter, tires, brakes, and I'm not sure what else over the last 4 years. It came with old and bad paint which I still haven't gotten around to so I figure I'll easily spend as much restoring a solid car as I did buying it.

I'm really surprised that car went for that much and it makes me wonder if perhaps I should put mine on the market.

BTW: yes, many of the U.S. Buick parts fit the McLaughlin Buicks but it is maddeningly difficult to find trim and other things. I even got surprised when I had a new wiring harness made only to find that the US version had the regulator on the starter and the McGLaughlin has it on the firewall - that really busted my bubble.

Guest stevesbuicklimo
Steve,

I read your message here ! I have 1936 Buick 80C and I think your car 90I has the same wheels as mine would have any extra ?

Thanks

Bud Ensor

Sorry Bud no spare wheels