1990 Chrysler Maserati - Naples, Florida Repair Recommendations Sought

Guest DebBob

Guest DebBob

Just inherited this low mileage Chrysler Maserati from my father. Car was working and driven to Naples, FL. Let sit for approximately 4 weeks and now will not turn over. Lights/radio/antenna working so thinking it might need new starter????. Anyone have recommendations for maintenance or service in this area?? Chrysler Dealership is not interested in servicing. One Imports dealer recommended a restorer. Any leads on types of serviceman to investigate would be greatly appreciated. Help!

Guest BobFitz

Check battery voltage with digital meter. If the battery is good should be above 12.5 volts. or have battery checked at auto parts place first.

Bob

Just inherited this low mileage Chrysler Maserati from my father. Car was working and driven to Naples, FL. Let sit for approximately 4 weeks and now will not turn over. Lights/radio/antenna working so thinking it might need new starter????. Anyone have recommendations for maintenance or service in this area?? Chrysler Dealership is not interested in servicing. One Imports dealer recommended a restorer. Any leads on types of serviceman to investigate would be greatly appreciated. Help!

Naples is an expensive place to get anything fixed, especially a fancy Italian import car, but under the hood this is a good old fashioned Chrysler V6 and any good service station can solve this problem. If it clicks but doesn't crank, it might be a worth your while to clean the battery posts, make sure both cables are tight on both ends and test the battery, before calling the hook and sending it out for repair.

Guest DebBob

Car is up and running. BobFitz hooked me up with Joe W. from Naples. Miracle Man. Knew some "starter" tricks and it turned over. Thanks to all who made this happen. Great site! We're T.C. newbies, but up and running. Our new Florida Fun car!

Guest BobFitz
Car is up and running. BobFitz hooked me up with Joe W. from Naples. Miracle Man. Knew some "starter" tricks and it turned over. Thanks to all who made this happen. Great site! We're T.C. newbies, but up and running. Our new Florida Fun car!

Wasn't me- must be another Bob.

Guest DebBob

Opps - Sorry - It was Bob F from Tampa. Made assumption with Username. But I do follow BobFitz comments and recommendations.