Just got my April Bugle today

buicknewbee

Sadly my experience, being mailed to Canada, was similar. I went along with it for 10 years or so until they came out with the eBuick membership which is not only cheaper (example - Canadian dollar is now worth less than US plus mailing Canadian membership is more than in the US calculated in "US funds") but you can log in any time to check if it is out, thereby viewing what is coming up instead of reading about what you might have missed.

Don't want this to sound bitter but just express my reality.

I still think it is a great organization and love the Forums.:)

Buicknewbee, yours is about a week later than it should have been. Most members in the USA receive theirs the second week of the month. It is mailed on or about the 4th of each month. Something is wrong with your local or regional mail facility, so ask your local postmaster what's up. Sometimes they delay delivery locally if there are a lot of other second class items stacked up and waiting at the local or regional mail facility, such as catalogues or other periodicals. But April 21 is definitely later than it should have been delivered.

Pete Phillips, Bugle Editor

Guest papaw

The postal service has closed a lot of their hubs and even my mail lady told me things that use to take 3-5 days are now taking over a week. I live in MI and had a small package mailed over a week and a half ago from NY and still not here!

In some ways, how the USPS does their "business" has been somewhat suboptimal. It seems that some things they used to do in the name of efficiency have been deleted to "save money". At the same time, "service" has seemed to deteriorate. When they were asking Congress to allow "two day service for first class items", they were ALREADY there and didn't realize it! What used to take 1 day, if it was mailed at the right time, now seems to take three days. What THEY seem to forget is that as they seek (or DO) to allegedly save money decreased customer service and customer satisfaction . . . AND "customers have options".

Sometimes, there are some mailing glitches at the magazine's mail processor, but I usually get mine on the second week also, just before our chapter meeting, each month. Something's "down" in your area, for example. I highly recommend that you DO make a call to your local facility and at least get your comments heard and recorded. Then, follow it up with both an email and a written letter, via snail mail, for good measure.

Take care,

NTX5467

When I was a BCA board member, we heard this at almost every general membership meeting. Sometimes something can be done and the BCA office had the mailing company look into some complaints that had ongoing problems.

The other issue is foreign BCA members getting their Bugle weeks after US members. This was a problem looking for a solution and at the 2010 BCA Board meeting I made the motion that the Buick Club try a 6 month experiment with electronic distribution for foreign members only. It took some time to get it in place.... first foreign members were ask to contact the BCA office and they would be sent the electronic Bugle. After working out the bugs it was offered to the general membership. I ask at the Portland national, how many members get the electronic version and was told it is slightly over 100. While the number of members going electronic is very small, it has helped foreign members view the Bugle at the same time as US members and have a fair chance at buying cars and parts before they a sold to someone that gets the Bugle weeks before them.

It is no secret that the majority of BCA members want a hard copy of the Bugle, but if you go electronic only, the annual membership cost is $35 instead of $50.

Before someone ask why it is not cheaper, remember there are fixed cost in producing the Bugle that should be shared by every member. The Editors and layout persons salary must be paid regardless if you receive the Bugle electronically or on paper. The saving is with the printing and mailing. Not a single person has complained that their electronic Bugle had a torn cover.

Not a single person has complained that their electronic Bugle had a torn cover.

:):):)

Hence this was the perfect solution for me, keeping the wife happy not reminding me to clean up the magazines (my bad) and helped make the decision to renew my membership for another 10 years!

Thanks BCA!:cool:

I like it the way it is,I can take the issue to work,read and sit at the breakfast table with A cup of coffee,take it out on the porch,etc.etc.etc. I do not like sitting at A computer everytime I want to read something in it,as far as the 15.00 difference I would say I have A bigger problem if I was to kick about that.I enjoy the club and the magazine that goes with it!!! Mark

Guest my3buicks

I read mine on my iPad, I can take my iPad anywhere I could take the Bugle. And honestly I tend to get around to reading it quicker because I usually have my iPad with me, so if I have some time to kill I just open up and read a magazine I don't have to worry about having it with me and my iPad or iPhone are always with me.

Maybe I am missing something here, but, I really do not see what all the concern is about in regard to getting the Bugle each and every month. Being a member in good standing of the BCA entitles the member to a printed copy of the Bugle (if the member chooses to go this route) PLUS they can log in to the BCA website and view the eBugle anytime they so desire. So, members outside the US of A can view the eBugle online beginning on the 1st day of each and every month without having the printed copy in their hot little hands. Honestly folks, there is no problem here. This is a win - win situation any way a person looks at it. Now, if we could just get these same people to get concerned about all together parking on the show field we could make huge progress toward a smooth running organization.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas