Valve rocker arm wear

The valve rocker assembly for my 25-45 was looking pretty cruddy, so I disassembled and cleaned it up. The main pivot shaft is hollow, with 2 holes cross drilled at each rocker to deliver oil out to the push rod. It was nearly full of congealed oil or grease which may have even plugged up some of those oil holes. As I reassembled all the parts, it became clear that each rocker had been grinding against the adjacent support tower, leaving a ridge of metal where the parts didn't contact. see photo below. Since I didn't label each rocker and tower to its original location, now they are mixed up, and each part will start grinding again wherever these ridges contact. To solve this, I am planning to file down these ridges, then place a spacer inbetween each rocker and tower. Arbor shims are available online with the correct 7/8 ID in varying thickness, which looks like a good solution.

post-102181-143143082153_thumb.jpg

The pressurized oil line connects to the rocker assembly at a fitting on the rear support tower. The short oil tube is missing, and I haven't figured out what size this fitting is. It looks like 1/8 NPT, but that won't fit. Anyone know what this fitting size is ?

post-102181-143143082156_thumb.jpg

Kevin

post-102181-143143082148_thumb.jpg

Buick used oddball compression fittings. Your best bet is probably to replace both the fitting in that stanchion and the one at the head and the tube with something more modern. I'm pretty sure the hole for the oil fitting is 1/8" pipe.