Want to buy 1953 Skylark Project car.

JoeRiley

• 2 weeks later...

They're not as rare as barn-find Duesenbergs, but they're pretty rare. There are incomplete rust buckets advertised for as much as $50K-plus. What I've mostly seen are finished cars for $100K and up, or cars that will cost much in excess of $100K to restore. Be patient, and good luck.

.....Looking for a 1953 Buick Skylark Project. It could be half done or not started at all. Not looking for a rust bucket.....

What are you thinking of building? A 100% OEM or somewhat modified?

If you're looking for a project and depending on how fussy you are and how deep your pockets are, you might be better off buying and starting with a 1953 Super 56C or Roadmaster 76C convertible shell and swapping out the doors, rear quarter window sill's sheet metal, fenders, windshield and windows.....or starting with an OEM complete driver that will set you back around $75K for starters. Plenty of rust bucket Skylark bodies but good parts are still available out there (and in my warehouse).

It doesn't take long to get underwater on a 1953-1954 Skylark project especially if you don't do your own body work and painting. Good luck.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

I am looking to build a mild resto.

Don't care about engine or drive train since will be getting a new chassis and drive train.

Really looking for a body and Chrome to be complete and interior so that I can redo it.

Missed a really nice white 53 Skylark on ebay by 10 minutes a few weeks ago that was a mild resto and would like to do one very similar.

If anyone knows Larry in Louisville, KY he has several Skylarks, he was the lucky person who got to it just before my phone call to the owner.

Thanks,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...