1941 Buick Grille NOS war time unplated

jsmittie41

I have a 1941 Buick unplated grille for sale on ebay item number 181721911876. I have asked a starting bid of $250. It did not sell the first time thru and I have relisted it. I will sell it to anyone on this forum who is interested for the starting bid price of $250, if no one bids on it. This is a New Old Stock genuine GM manufactured 1941 Buick grille. The grille is a replacement part that was made after World War 2 started and chrome was a rationed material. All 3 pieces are in excellent condition and will require very little polishing before new chrome plating can be required. There are no pits in these parts. There is one crack in each outer half. The crack is at the top of the vertical bar that bolts to the center piece. It is not visible from the front. It can be easily repaired by the chrome plater or maybe even simply with J-B Weld. I have included pictures of both cracks as they are spread apart and then held together. These pieces are an excellent starting point for new chrome plating. See the ebay listing for the pictures. I sold me 41 and parts and kept these pieces. Thanks Jim