the Airflow is out of hibernation

jazzer3

post-39071-143143080991_thumb.jpg

Hello Everyone,

The Airflow was the first one out this year. I'm not planning on driving it too much this year I want to finish up some details and get it ready for next year. The wheels appear to have been white at one time, (could the wheels have been white from the factory) and the black paint that is on them now comes off rather easily, I would like to clean one of the wheels as gently as possible hoping there might be some original pin stripping.

Jay

post-39071-14314308097_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Dan, our Airflow was redone quite a while ago and there may be parts from a few different cars that were involved in it's redoing. The wheels on it now appear to have been white and without having wide-whitewall tires on the car I thought it would look better with the contrasting white wheels.

Now there are more parts from more cars involved, the engine and transmission were out of the car and in pieces when we got it. In putting the engine together I have a 35 head, 37 intake manifold, 39 exhaust manifold, 50 distributor, the tappets and air filter mount came from Australia and the rings came out of a rebuilt 39 engine that was bought for parts.

Jay