Larry Bailey, Cleveland, GA

Guest wagner@athens

Guest wagner@athens

Long time AACA member Larry Bailey died yesterday in an accident at his home in Cleveland, GA. He was a participant last Saturday at the AACA meet in Charlotte with a 1938 Ford and 1932 Ford. Afine man who made many contributions to the hobby.

Oh, no! He was a fine and gentle man. I always enjoyed talking to him, and never really knew him that well, but he was always more than willing to show and discuss features of his latest restoration.

If I remember correctly from a conversation I had with him in Lebanon, Tenn. last year, the '38 Ford was identical to one that his father bought new. Ironically, he was parked very near another member with a '38 Ford, whose father also bought an identical car brand new.

I'm sorry I didn't see him at Charlotte. I will miss him. RIP, Larry.

Guest Stonehenge

Just had lunch with Larry and his friend Bobby in Charlotte on Friday. What a great guy. He will be missed.

Guest prewar40

So sorry to hear this news. He was very supportive of the AACA Library and built and delivered all the cabinet work for the new library back in 1985.

He will certainly be missed. Kim (Miller) Gardner

Oh-No- that's terrible! Susan and I were visiting in the dinner line with him at Charlotte. Have known him a long time-always a gentle person and a fine AACA member. Will surely miss him and will be thinking about him at our upcoming meet here in Va Beach. Knew he had some health issues but never expected this-he was so cheerful and happy to be at a car show in the sunshine again.

Terry