BUICK BLACKHAWK TO BE AUCTIONED, NO RESERVE

NTX5467

I saw an item about the May 2nd RM Auction of The Andrews Collection in Fort Worth, TX. Go to www.rmauctions.com , click on "Auctions", then "View Lots". It has a nice write-up on the car and its origin.

In the full video and interviews video, there is a glimpse of the front of the car, which got me to look further in the "View Lots" area.

Although the Buick Landau has gone to a private collection, the Blackhawk is coming out of one, for now. A total of 75 cars to be auctioned.

Get those letters of credit, pens, and checkbooks ready!

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Other than The Blackhawk selling for $363K and a '54 Skylark ($187K), in checking the "scroll down View Lots, the last item was a "Little Nailhead" slingshot dragster re-creation. As all of the items do, there's a nice commentary about the vehicle and the 322 Buick Nailhead in it. Period-correct Hilborn injection, open headers, AND the Buick Nailhead V-8s place in the post-Ford Flathead V-8 "hot rod world" back then.

From the prices on many of the vehicles, there obviously were many Million Dollar Club Members (and their letters of credit) in attendance. But there were also MANY vehicles which sold for well under $1M, too.

NTX5467

That's why I will be there.

1% Mikey.

congrats on scoring the Blackhawk Mikey, and for bidding on and winning the Skylark for me. When can we expect delivery, I'll have the cash waiting.

Edit) Bit of a problem here Mike, dug up the entire backyard and can't find the Mason jar, think you could let me hold a couple hundred thousand til I find it

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Edit) Bit of a problem here Mike, dug up the entire backyard and can't find the Mason jar, think you could let me hold a couple hundred thousand til I find it

Mr. Earl, something similar happened to me about 10 years ago. Danged fire ants ate the rubber gasket on the Mason jars and all that was left was a green goo. Had to find the upgraded Mason Jars with the polyurethane seal! Looks like, in your case, they absconded with the whole jar!!

NTX5467

Mr. Earl, something similar happened to me about 10 years ago. Danged fire ants ate the rubber gasket on the Mason jars and all that was left was a green goo. Had to find the upgraded Mason Jars with the polyurethane seal! Looks like, in your case, they absconded with the whole jar!!

NTX5467

I think I may know who the absconder was, Rita was planting some bulbs out there and all of a sudden she took off to go shopping. That was three days ago and she ain't home yet!

Thanks for that build page. It makes me feel ambitious. I have always had a soft spot between the ears for the Stutz Blackhawks of the '70's and intrigued by the late model split windshield conversions. If I had not already purchased a new windshield for my '64 Riviera I may have gone that route. I bought the Packard instead and got the split windshield and the dead silent flathead straight eight as part of the package.

We'll see.

Bernie