1952 Super 4-dr for sale, Bonham, Texas

Pete Phillips

Not mine, but a local old car guy has a 1952 Super model 52 (4-dr. Riviera Sedan with the longer wheelbase) for sale for $1800. It certainly isn't worth any more than that, but maybe someone needs a decent parts car. Needs paint, no engine, no transmission (was a Dynaflow), but the body is very good, and previous owner had both seats reupholstered but with incorrect blue & white vinyl. Upper grille bar is missing; the little fins on top of the rear fenders are missing; floor covering is missing, headliner is there but with holes, glass is good, dash is good, gas tank still in place, radiator is in the trunk; the stainless trim looks good though a few pieces are in the trunk which I could not quite see; floors have a few quarter-sized rust holes and are fixable. Interior door panels are original and in need of minor repair; good parts car or could be restored. I didn't have my camera with me, so no photos, but if someone is interested, I could go back and get some photos. I'm not sure whether the business is a salvage yard or a used car lot--it has an unusual assortment of vehicles. Most are what I could call projects.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

• 1 month later...