Need a source for a brass strainer like this

Curti

I need to purchase a number (20-30) of these, what I believe to be inline fuel strainers. I have been to the local auto parts stores and all they have to offer is plastic.

Does any one have any ideas? I need them to make the dual ratio stop strainer part in pix3 .

Model A Ford Suppliers have a similar strainer made out of stainless steel designed to go into the bottom of a Model A Ford Gas Tank. If you don't find exactly what you are looking for you might be able to modify one of those. Here is a link: http://www.brattons.com/product.asp?P_ID=1221&strPageHistory=search&strKeywords=fuel&numPageStartPosition=21&strSearchCriteria=any&PT_ID=all

Mc Master-Carr sells filter screen mesh by the sq foot in pretty much any size and type in both brass and SS. I've made any number of filters using brass. The edges solder like a dream. Those in your pix look fairly easy to fabricate..........Bob

We have the screen already, it is used on the top of the sediment bowl in AC type B fuel pumps. I have monkeyed around trying to make them with mixed results. On the original part, there was no solder seam, it seems to be pressed together.

I would rather find a source and buy them.