Window Crank Handles for a '25 Business Sedan

cahartley

Has anyone found any after-market handles that actually fit?

Most don't have enough engagement on the square shaft and will NOT stay put....... :mad: ......and that's with the escutcheon off.

Originals would be nice but I'm not mortgaging my house....... :rolleyes:

Just to be clear, are you guys suggesting that $20-45 is unreasonable for prewar door handles ? I'm just curious.....

Cahartley (what is your name ?) can you post a pic of the handle.

I'm sure we can work something out if I have what you're looking for.

WHOA......I've been busy and had some computer trouble so MISSED your responses....... :eek:

By the way....my name is Craig.

All I have to go by are the handles sold by Meyers.

Admittedly they are works of art but I don't need or want $500 worth of door handles.

It SEEMS what was used on my car are Ford Model A handles and they will NOT stay put.

Not that I couldn't improvise a way to MAKE them stay but I'd rather not go that route.

I will TRY to remember to post back tomorrow with more info.

Thanks fellas........ :)

Craig,

After looking at the 1925 handles on Myers website I can say I do not have any handles like that. I'll print a photo of what they look like so I can keep an eye out for them on future trips to the yard. How many do you need ?

Thanks Dave......I had a busy day........nice enough to do a bit of rearranging in the shed so I had my '19 Touring T out and about too....... :D

This is going to seem mighty stoopid but I didn't have a good reason to measure anything before as the screws that secure the present handles are drilled to tighten on a corner of the window riser shaft so they always fit "tight" when I put them back on.

I took my caliper with me this time and a major issue is the handles are for a 3/8" square shaft but the the Dodge shafts are 5/16"!

So, yeah, THAT'S a problem.

These are what are in the car, Ford Model A-T handles for sure >>> 475349l.jpg

and they would work if they fit the 5/16" square shafts.

I would use these but there's no decent way to bush the square holes.

Admittedly the handles from Meyers are things of beauty but yikes........da Dodge boys had good taste!

post-93523-143143080507_thumb.jpg

post-93523-143143080511_thumb.jpg