a little off topic-- WTB rotating car wash brush

Guest marlin65

Guest marlin65

I have not seen these in a while but had one years ago. It's a long aluminum handle with a circular brush on the end. When the water is turned on the brush rotates and does a nice job of getting in nooks and crannies on modern cars. I would not use it on my antique cars but I guess it could be.

Anyone know where to purchase other then Ebay? Thanks. Ed Dade City,fl

For at least ten years, now, the only thing I use water and a hose on is my whitewalls. I use detailer spray and lots of cloths to clean the old cars. Using water lets gallons of it to run into every nook and cranny just like butter into an English muffin; places where you can't blow it out, soak it off, or remove it. There is always a bottle of detailer or wax sitting near the car and I just spritz a little on, or wipe off some bugs, or buff a panel up.

Under the hood gets a squirt of WD-40 and a wipe down as well as the underside. A sponge wet with anything Armor-Allish cleans the undercoating nicely.

On rare occasions I might get caught in the rain, but I have decided not to create my own.

Bernie

Guest exbcmc
For at least ten years, now, the only thing I use water and a hose on is my whitewalls. I use detailer spray and lots of cloths to clean the old cars. Using water lets gallons of it to run into every nook and cranny just like butter into an English muffin; places where you can't blow it out, soak it off, or remove it. There is always a bottle of detailer or wax sitting near the car and I just spritz a little on, or wipe off some bugs, or buff a panel up.

Under the hood gets a squirt of WD-40 and a wipe down as well as the underside. A sponge wet with anything Armor-Allish cleans the undercoating nicely.

On rare occasions I might get caught in the rain, but I have decided not to create my own.

Bernie

The wd40 on hinges, or do you clean things w/it?

Guest marlin65

I use lemon Pledge under the hood on inner fenders and panels. Not sticky,and leaves a nice patina. Same with the trunk area, door jambs etc. Someone mentioned on my quest for a rotating brush and why I don't just use Ebay. I do not and will not use PayPal and most sellers have gone to this method of payment. Ed Dade City,Fl

People thought I was crazy to be so concerned about driving my former older cars in the rain. Along with the "keeping them clean" aspect, I also didn't want water going into places I couldn't reach. Nah, my cars were never show cars ... but I treated them as such ... to preserve them as best I could.

Cort :)www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve

"These are some good times, so take a good look around" __ Trace Adkins __ 'You're Gonna Miss This'