Craigslist find 1964 Buick Ambulance/ hearse

Robberbach

CL ad V

Very nice and clean 1964 buick hearse that has 50,000 original Miles no rust runs very well call me at 937 718 7546 no email

00E0E_htG6Iw4ehyv_600x450.jpg00y0y_bZzTesxHmfN_50x50c.jpg00y0y_bZzTesxHmfN_600x450.jpg00P0P_cbYbI3Qlsb0_600x450.jpg00i0i_luCp1cvxFKS_600x450.jpg

Interesting and it is a Flxible as can be seen in the open tailgate shot. Here is a side shot of it and narrative from a bringatrailer.com ad

This 1964 Buick LeSabre ambulance is said to be one of only 88 built, the ad further specifying a low 50k original miles. The car looks to be in beautiful, freshly restored condition, though this is just a guess as very little hard info is provided—fortunately the seller invites phone calls. Find it here on Craigslist near Dayton, Ohio for $6,500.

1964_buick_ambulance_hearse_1421565347.jpg

1964-Buick-Hearse-Interior-600x400.jpg

1964-Buick-Hearse-600x400.jpg

I thought it to be more of an ambulance but here is a hearse from a funeral home with same red bubble gum machined on top.

tour14D_512x342.jpg

$5,000 sounds reasonable. Would make a nice 60's movie set car.

I think you should go for it Robberbach, at least until that "right" truck comes along. :)

can anyone tell if this is a standard or automatic? I remember another 64 Flxible ambulance in the past that was a standard and thinking of the poor guy in back yelling out "easy on that clutch a****** "! .

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

The two factory photos that you've added, Mr. Earl, show the Flxette (standard wheelbase) and Flxible Premiere (extended wheelbase). The Flxette and Flxible Premiere were both offered in ambulance, hearse, or combination (can convert between ambulance and hearse) configurations.

Great information Brian, that is what I had begun to understand from some more reading after seeing this ad. I really find this to be an interesting car. I have always liked the 64-65 wagons. Even had one one time. Roof leaked a bit though. post-31987-14314307629_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the bit of info Brian, I somehow knew you might chime in on this one. :)