Parts For Brass Peerless

jeff_a

A most unusual listing for parts popped-up on e-Bay recently:

Someone in Texas has "a barnfind of parts for a 1909 Peerless" for sale. 5 photos show a rear body panel, front fenders, and a seat-back for a Roi des Belges body. I would be interested in theories where this came from, besides out of the blue(that may be the case). Are there more 1909s out there....leftover parts from the Goodlett or Weatherford Collections? You're welcome to comment on the recent Peerless Forum post ("Peerless Parts For Sale") about these parts also.

David Baird and I showed his 1909 Peerless Roi des Belges, or 7-Passenger Touring Car, at Bakersfield 2014, Hershey 2013, and The Gilmore Gathering 2013, so some of you may have seen a 1909 Peerless recently. Mr. Baird passed away last year and the family has the car for sale. Only two other 1909s known in the world, another Model 19 in North Carolina and a Model 25 in Michigan.

Thanks!

----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

A most unusual listing for parts popped-up on e-Bay recently:

Someone in Texas has "a barnfind of parts for a 1909 Peerless" for sale. 5 photos show a rear body panel, front fenders, and a seat-back for a Roi des Belges body. I would be interested in theories where this came from, besides out of the blue(that may be the case). Are there more 1909s out there....leftover parts from the Goodlett or Weatherford Collections? You're welcome to comment on the recent Peerless Forum post ("Peerless Parts For Sale") about these parts also.

David Baird and I showed his 1909 Peerless Roi des Belges, or 7-Passenger Touring Car, at Bakersfield 2014, Hershey 2013, and The Gilmore Gathering 2013, so some of you may have seen a 1909 Peerless recently. Mr. Baird passed away last year and the family has the car for sale. Only two other 1909s known in the world, another Model 19 in North Carolina and a Model 25 in Michigan.

Thanks!

----Jeff

A few years ago there was a very nice pre-1910 Peerless touring that was dismantled and made into a Green Dragon race car. We wondered what ever happened to the original body, fenders and lamps. Maybe this is it. RHL

RHL,

No, that was a 1904, this is a 1909. These would be spare parts for the car at our 2013 Peerless Meet that David brought. If there was a Peerless Museum, these would go directly in it's collection, there not being a of of 1909 Model 19s needing spares right now.

Jeff