1963 Buick Electra 225

Guest waaybig

Guest waaybig

Hello,

Fellow Buick owners. I have a 63 Buick electra with 401 wildcat and Dynaflo trans. It's all stock. My problem is the original Carb

it's junk. Been rebuilt twice and still junk. I've been warned that because of the kick down linkage I can't use any other carb. Can any one help me with this if you've changed your and with what to mantain linkage related to trans kickdown.

Thank

Dano

exbcmc, "Carbking" on this site is not "Karb King" you are looking up on Yelp. Carbking has been providing excellent advice here for years. His contact info is The Carburetor Shop LLC (of Missouri) 573-392-7378 (9-4 Mon-Tues central time)

Guest exbcmc
exbcmc, "Carbking" on this site is not "Karb King" you are looking up on Yelp. Carbking has been providing excellent advice here for years. His contact info is The Carburetor Shop LLC (of Missouri) 573-392-7378 (9-4 Mon-Tues central time)

Thank you.....I apologize.

Just putting "a kit" in a carb is NOT an automatic "fix" for anything other than to clean things up and renew some common wear parts in the carb. There are some internal passageways which can become corroded and will not clean out with carb cleaner. There are also some internal passageways which are sealed with a ball bearing and solder, where the solder can become degraded by ethanol'd gasoline and leak. The throttle shafts can also wear where they pass through the throttle body on the carb, too, which CAN be fixed, usually.

Carb King can probably take care of a carb for you.

NTX5467