1966 Skylark GS Detoit Autorama Show car

Guest The66GSNut

Guest The66GSNut

I was wondering if any of you may have original pictures of the 1966 Skylark GS car that was on display at the Chicago Auto show in 1966. The car was yellow with a black top. Also any more information about this car would be great. Thanks

post-85398-143143065811_thumb.jpg

Edited by The66GSNut
chicago auto show not detroit (see edit history)

I'd forgotten how spiffy those road wheels looked with whitewall tires!

Although black over yellow was a nice color combination back then, it does appear to be one of the lighter metallic colors rather than normal yellow. PLUS, it might have a little pearl on top of the base color, considering how the lights "shine" on the upper part of the front fender and front upper section of the door. Looks like more than just a plain metallic paint to me, even considering how the lighting in those buildings can affect the colors we see rather than what it would be in outdoor "light of day" situations.

Thanks for that neat picture!

NTX5467

Guest The66GSNut

Yes, the color was called "Perlecent" with a coravan top ..I also know that the steering wheel was that of a 2 spoke 66 Chevelle SS optional wood wheel..not sure of the centercap it had...there has to be someone who took more photos of this car up close.. ..I wonder if that car is still out there in somewhere...

Guest my3buicks

I have been looking for info and pictures of the 1972 Buick Limited II showcar for 20 plus years, and have only a few partial pictures of it, you would think people would have taken pictures of this stuff, but it just doesn't seem to be out there

Just a thought, there are 2 shows in Detroit, Autorama is for hot rods and show cars and the Detroit Auto Show which is now the North American International Auto Show would be where the automakers show off the new models and where said car would have been, seems there was a lot going on in 1966 with Olds and Chevy not so much new for Buick. Both are held at Cobo Hall and have been for years. NAIAS is in January and Autorama is in early March lately.

Guest my3buicks

I found a few shots of the Limited II by searching eBay regularly for 1972 International Auto Show, 1972 Auto Show, etc, I have found a few of the 67 one as well that way.