Model 20 on EBay

MochetVelo

Thanks Phil looks ok . He states "some small parts missing but nothing major" Everything missing on a Hup 20 is a major! :) Having said that the only thing I can see missing is the magneto drive cover which I'm sure the new owner would never find and would have to get one cast up . -Karl

Edited by hupdoc (see edit history)

Looks like a nice car for the money, and he states his reserve is $15,500, so will sell, one would think. Has original Breeze carb which is unusual these days. Name plate doesn't look correct for a 1910, looks like a repro that's been stamped. and don't know what "DMU" is, it's not correct so possibly an assigned number by a state DMV. Don't like the painted radiator. Good catch on the mag drive cover, you'd have to have something there to run it.

Overall a fair value that needs some TLC.

Hi All,

I wonder what is missing - if you look at one of the photos taken from the rear, you can see the mag cover has been removed and is sitting on the floor board. So even that is there. Looks like a pretty tidy car to me and a good buy!

Cheers,

Andrew.

G,day Huppers. At the money methinks this car will sell quickly. The radiator is a mystery to me as, if it is the steel shell painted, where are the three protruding studs from shell to fit on the steel apron, which is missing and is physically different to the brass type which fits between the bottom tank and the x member without the three mounting studs. No engine tray visable and arn,t the mudguards too wide for 1910? Fan cover oil deflector is not fitted or missing. Seems to have parts from B and C I wonder what is its history beyond its restorer? Max Burke Nulkaba 2325 Australia

Well, it's met reserve so it's going to sell. It'll be a fun car for someone, though the more I look at it the more a few things seem funny.....but other than the funny radiator, inexpensive fixes. Two examples are painted hood pulls (brass) and painted throttle lever on steering column (aluminum). Hard to tell if fenders are wider, or just look wider due to camera angle. The engine tray and the fan bushing guard are most often missing, mine didn't have them when I bought it 40 years ago, but have them now (although engine pan is not on car yet, it's an original that's nice but needs a wee bit of work to use)...