Soft top not seated completely to body

I only have this '91 Tc for a couple of months. I washed the car with the hard top in place and all went well (no leaks). Now I have taken that off and have been using it without a top. Today, I am sure that I followed the directions and put up the soft top. I heard all the clicks and pushed down in the rear, but I still see about a 1/2 inch gap under the back of the soft top. Am I missing something. (The top appears to be in pristine condition) I would be most appreciative of any suggestions/help. Thanks.

I only have this '91 Tc for a couple of months. I washed the car with the hard top in place and all went well (no leaks). Now I have taken that off and have been using it without a top. Today, I am sure that I followed the directions and put up the soft top. I heard all the clicks and pushed down in the rear, but I still see about a 1/2 inch gap under the back of the soft top. Am I missing something. (The top appears to be in pristine condition) I would be most appreciative of any suggestions/help. Thanks.

Two questions come instantly to mind.

Did you push the button to pull the back of the top down tight before you latched the front?

If you did and it didn't pull the back of the top down tight, have you tried running the top up and down AKA the latch unlatch switch a couple of times? these things do get out of synch, there is a reset procedure in the manual, but running the top through complete cycles while holding the switch can get the job done when lack of use has left you with dirty contacts.

Two questions come instantly to mind.

Did you push the button to pull the back of the top down tight before you latched the front?

If you did and it didn't pull the back of the top down tight, have you tried running the top up and down AKA the latch unlatch switch a couple of times? these things do get out of synch, there is a reset procedure in the manual, but running the top through complete cycles while holding the switch can get the job done when lack of use has left you with dirty contacts.

Thank you, I will absolutely try that in the morning. Howard