DA Front and Rear Windows

I am about to tackle the Front and rear windows in my Budd bodied sedan, but I am confused.

REAR WINDOW. Had a look at a mate's DA yesterday and his rear window is fitted in with a large rubber extrusion that extends out around the window surround area. It looks quite OK and he says it was in the car when he got it and in good condition, so he re-used it. I seemed to remember that when I removed mine some years ago that it was held in with some sort of calking compound with no rubber, and this was confirmed today when I had a good look at it. However, close examination of the window shows that it is VERY roughly cut to size, so I am thinking that it may have been replaced at some time. So, can anyone tell me how it SHOULD be fitted?

FRONT WINDSCREEN. Appears to be sealed around the edges with "T" section rubber, but there is not enough left to really know. Is this correct and if so, how long is the vertical section of the "T"?

Hope someone can help.

Regards,

John

My DA rear window had some sort of caulklike compound as a seal w/ no rubber....my rear window was not rough cut as it had to fit within the surrounding wood tack strips for upholstery and metal frame. I don't know the length of the section of T-rubber for the windshield, but I think Myers Early Dodge may carry it...maybe Steele Rubber too.

Thanks Bob.

That is what I thought may be the case, but needed confirmation. My rear window fitted OK, but let's just say whoever cut it to size was less than professional, but it looked OK when installed.

For front windshield, will follow up with Myers, but could probably get it locally and save on freight if I knew what size. The DA I looked at the other day had obviously incorrect rubber so was no help.

Thanks again.

John

I ordered my front T seal 70-0142-52 for windshield from Steele rubber, about 7 feet ,

My back window had rubber u channel seal 30-0047-77 about 7 feet

the seal for the top of windshield by the hinges I used 12-0010-99 about 4 feet

i attached picture from Steele online catalog

hope this help

jesse

post-106816-143143052274_thumb.jpg

post-106816-14314305229_thumb.jpg

post-106816-143143052306_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jesse.

Did not think of the top of the windshield, as there was nothing on mine, probably disintegrated years ago. Regarding the rear window seal, I assume that the "U" rubber goes round the glass. Did you use any sealant between rubber and body?

John