1928 Fast four King pins

NZdodge

Hi All,

Could any one please tell me if the King pins on my 1928 fast four come out the top or the bottom

of the Eye beam or does it not matter which way I try to remove them? I have been trying to get them to move

for the last two day but have been unable to get them to move at all. Is there a secret to getting the King pins out?

Many Thanks

Ian

Hi All,

Could any one please tell me if the King pins on my 1928 fast four come out the top or the bottom

of the Eye beam or does it not matter which way I try to remove them? I have been trying to get them to move

for the last two day but have been unable to get them to move at all. Is there a secret to getting the King pins out?

Many Thanks

Ian

Ian they will come out of the axle in both ways , is the axle out of the car ,if so put under a press ,if not you will have to make a screw press up that clamps the bottom to top than screw down on the pin to push them out. They are plain 3/4 inch about 5 inches long . Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks, the axle is out of the car, so will put it in a press, I just didn't want to try a push them out the wrong way if they only went in one way and damage the axle and pins.

That's great to know the pins can go either way. My first Dodge, so learning as I go.

Many Thanks

Ian

Did you remove the locking pin ? Should go up from my experience but I don't have a 28 so I can't say for sure.

Don't use heat .... that could do more harm than good.

If I remember right my 28 Fast Four had locking pins that needed to be removed.

• 2 weeks later...