1955 Super Driver Door Interior Trim and Electric window switch.

Guest Super_Hermitage

Guest Super_Hermitage

Can anyone help me out here? I have just got myself a 1955 Buick Super 2 Door and when it arrived it was missing the drivers door top trim and electric window switch (I am using a piece of wire to operate the windows:D ). I have contacted a number of the online parts dealers and junkyards to no avail. So if any members here, have these parts for sale let me know. Or maybe someone can point me towards someone or place where I could obtain them that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

post-108269-14314305098_thumb.jpg

Not sure if this is exactly the style of power window switches for '55, but these have the '51-style surrounds, though the switch toggle itself isn't the same shape as the '51. If my car needs these, though, this is what I was looking at, as I haven't found a source for the "ridged" style of switch toggle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-60s-VINTAGE-CHEVY-POWER-WINDOW-SWITCH-BUICK-CADILLAC-PONTIAC-OLDSMOBILE-/291419095820?vxp=mtr#ht_332wt_1028

If you only need the 4-gang switch and not the 3 others, I've seen them offered that way as well.

For the door top trim, I've gone to DVAP in Casa Grande, AZ a couple of times now for '51 parts. They have a few '55's in there.

www.dvap.com - I think the phone numbers on that site are for the Phoenix location. Ask for the number for Casa Grande - that's where they have the "older" stuff. Might help if you come up with a photo of what you're looking for - as far as I can tell, when their guys are pulling parts, they aren't going by catalog part numbers.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Super_Hermitage

Well the hunt continues for the door panel belt molding, so if any members know where I can source one, feel free to let me know. I have been searching the internet (EBAY, craigslist, DVAP and few other salvage yards) to no avail.

On the upside I scored a new window switch for the driver door. I am making do with a temporary switch setup I made, till the new one arrives:)

Guest smspaul

I'm also looking for the same drivers door panel and have been for several months now. They seem to be the elusive Bigfoot of the '55 Super Riviera. If anyone has a source for these please help! :-) Here's what one looks like. Of course Super_Hermitage you have first dibbs but I'd even be happy if someone could cast one so I could fabricate a replacement. ;-) Here's a pict of one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=307221&d=1430462290

See anything here you like? These are for roll up windows but probably have some for Roadmaster w/power window switch cut out also. Would sort of like to sell this particular set as a set but pretty sure I have others I can pull the piece you need from.

post-31987-143143095843_thumb.jpg

Guest smspaul

Yes! Need the panel on the top left just below the visor. ...but again I'll concede to Super_Hermitage as he started the post so he's got first dibbs. How much you asking?

Guest Super_Hermitage
PM'd you Paul

Hi MrEarl,

If you still have these parts I will take them, I really need the left hand trim but will take the lot if they are a package. I have sent you a PM. Thanks in advance.:D