L & L trim running board trim

30dodge35

I bought a set for my 32 Dodge DL. Arrived within a week of my order and they look good. I just bought them on March 2 of this year, left a message at the number you listed and he returned my call within a day or two. Maybe he's on vacation or out of town at the moment.

I bought a set for my 32 Dodge DL. Arrived within a week of my order and they look good. I just bought them on March 2 of this year, left a message at the number you listed and he returned my call within a day or two. Maybe he's on vacation or out of town at the moment.

Could you please post a photo or two of the trim that you bought?

Could you please post a photo or two of the trim that you bought?

The photos are less than perfect, but I didn't want to completely unwrap them until I was ready to use them. You get all four pieces for each running board.

This is the outer trim and seems to match what I've seen on the original cars.

IMG_5861_zps4apwe1fx.jpg

IMG_5862_zps25umhrt5.jpg

This is the inner piece, a simpler shape that also appears accurate. I didn't shoot the end pieces.

IMG_5865_zpsuvxgredx.jpg

IMG_5864_zpsuqr28kss.jpg

Everything came well packaged in a PVC plastic tube with wooden ends screwed in place. The parts will need some polishing, but I'm very satisfied with the purchase.

So... the inner is steel and the outer is aluminum? Just judging by the corrosion products.

Nope....all aluminum trim all of the way around the running boards. I have a bunch of end pieces, but they are out in the shop. There was also a sort of fabric welting around the three sides that attached to the fenders and splash apron. Here is a new old stock one I picked up at a swap meet....complete with rubber matting....

post-37352-143143053961_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

It appears the repo inner pieces lack the slight ridge visible on your original part. That is a bit disappointing.

Yes, I noticed that, too. The end caps are the toughest to reproduce.

The end caps look like they could be made from 2 pieces of aluminum welded together and ground smooth along the seam. Then they could be polished out. I had purchased running board trim for my '36 Dodge from L and L several years ago and it fit and looked like the original. Only difference that I could find was that the groove on the reverse side was too wide to take the original type retainers so I had to use a universal bolt clip, not a problem.

Taylormade.....Here are the end caps for the running boards. Notice how the contour is cut to fit the inner and outer side trim pieces....

Spinneyhill.....I have yet to find any of the correct pattern matting in the years/decades I have been looking. Here is what I have found....see mat photos....

post-37352-143143058397_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143143058409_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143143058421_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143143058433_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143143058446_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143143058463_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143143058475_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143143058488_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143143058502_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

The first picture is from Doug 29 showing original rubber

second is rubber I bought from eBayer "fowfowl"

he has lots of pattern and size narrorow and wide reasonable price

i needed 16 inch wide for 1930 DA

closer pattern

not worried about showing

jesse

post-106816-143143058704_thumb.jpg

post-106816-143143058708_thumb.jpg

I too am concerned about Brad. I've emailed several times and tried calling but mail box is full and can't leave message. Sent payment several weeks ago and have not been able to contact him since. Does anyone know if there may be a problem there? He supplies a great product and hope all is well.

Well, another week has passed ,I am still not able to contact Brad at L & L Trim

other people have tried with no success.

Other people have trim ordered and have not recieved shipment or communication

getting concerned on what is happening at L & L

they have a great product that no one else does.

Does anyone know of a another distributor?

ordered my cab side molding from Max Merrit, but they don't have the running board trim

oh well!,

may any have to build a fixture for bending

jesse

Still unable to contact Brad of L & L running board trim,

i call the Chamber of Comerse in Pierce City, Mo last week, they are going to check on him and give him a message,

tryed calling , his phone is temporaily disconnrcted,

if someone knows a person in Pierce City, whom can check ,

I hope he is in good health, he has a great product,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nope, his number still listed, and when I called again this week it rolls over to answere machine,

I finally gave up and made trim from stainless steel and polished, not original but protect the edge and looks good.

Maybe one day some one will get in touch ,

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...