36' water temp gauge and sender

Guest Deacon

Guest Deacon

One of the few things missing on my Deluxe Eight 36 when I started to resurrect itwas the sender for the water temp gauge. The gauge was there but the copper wire to sender was broken and sender missing. I found one (NOS) on ebay but when I went to install it the copper wire is too short. I didn't stop to think it was possibly for a six and not an eight. Does anyone have a complete on for an eight? My other option is to extend the one I have by having an extension welded/braised on using the piece from the old gauge. My concern would be that the transfer of heat to the gauge would be compromised? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Dan

One of the few things missing on my Deluxe Eight 36 when I started to resurrect itwas the sender for the water temp gauge. The gauge was there but the copper wire to sender was broken and sender missing. I found one (NOS) on ebay but when I went to install it the copper wire is too short. I didn't stop to think it was possibly for a six and not an eight. Does anyone have a complete on for an eight? My other option is to extend the one I have by having an extension welded/braised on using the piece from the old gauge. My concern would be that the transfer of heat to the gauge would be compromised? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Dan

The temp gauge is the same for 6 cyl and 8 cyl in 1936. I have a NOS one in the original box @ $150 & $8 postage. Call me if you would like to order it. Kurt Kelsey Antique Pontiac Parts 641-648-9086 Thanks!

Guest Deacon

Kurt,

Since the original sender was missing (broken cable from gauge hanging) can you tell me where the sending unit itself is bolted in?

Thanks

Dan

Guest Deacon

Kurt,

Thanks for all the guidance. Its kind of hard when the old part isn't there and you have no reference. I will call you and order the gauge from you tomorrow if you are available. Thanks.

Kurt,

Thanks for all the guidance. Its kind of hard when the old part isn't there and you have no reference. I will call you and order the gauge from you tomorrow if you are available. Thanks.

You can call right now if you like, otherwise call tomorrow and if I don't answer you can leave a message and I'll call you back. Thanks!