Owners Manual for 1912 Napier for sale

Guest JAbell

Guest JAbell

My father-in-law, who is well in to his eighties, handed to me recently a manual he has had for a long time for a Napier car from England, with a view to seeling it on his behalf. It indicates within that it is for 1912 models, and is in good condition. At this point I'm seeking to see if there is any interest by Napier owners in the USA (I am in Australia), and I have posted a similar note in the UK where I have had a positive response.

I'm aware there are only about a hundred Napiers left, and even fewer that date from around 1912, so the audience is very limited. My thinking is to put it up on Ebay once I've managed to get the word out amongst the Napier community who may not otherwise be monitoring it that closely.

The manual has quite a lot to say about lubrication and tuning up, with quite a few black&white photos, and electrical wiring diagrams, and what a joy they are, about as sophisticated as a torch! Below are a few pics.

Let me know if you have any questions

John

post-108471-143143050188_thumb.jpg

post-108471-143143050181_thumb.jpg

post-108471-143143050184_thumb.jpg

post-108471-143143050176_thumb.jpg

Hi John, There are at least two Napiers of about that year in Queensland (where I live). My wife's late Aunty's parents purchased one new in 1912 also. I have spent the last 37 years looking for remains of it but unfortunately I only have a photo of it.

If you list your manual on fleabay, please let me know. Bill

Guest JAbell
Hi John, There are at least two Napiers of about that year in Queensland (where I live). My wife's late Aunty's parents purchased one new in 1912 also. I have spent the last 37 years looking for remains of it but unfortunately I only have a photo of it.

If you list your manual on fleabay, please let me know. Bill

Will do Bill!

Guest JAbell

Hello Kean

I'm sorry but I didn't see your PM as it went into my spam folder and I just didn't notice it. Regarding the Napier manual, before I got your original notice on the forum, I had already begun talking to someone else who expressed interest in it, and I am waiting on his response at present. If that falls through I will let you know.

thanks

John