65 rear armrest

Cstang50

I have a brown that I dug out of the trash when I read your post. It came off of a '63. Rust has eaten away some of the metal on the rear bottom but the guide tab is still there. I'm betting that the metal piece is the same for all 1st generations, it's just the cover that's different. There's some flash rust on the rest of the metal that should clean up nicely. If you could post a picture of yours, I'll compare it to mine. If mine is better, you can have it for the cost of the S&H. Could you reuse your black upholstery on a different piece of metal?

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I'm looking for a black rear passanger arm rest for a 1965 riviera. Mine is rusted out really bad.

Thank Casey

Casey, it will be great if you can find one in the same color but don't rule out other colors. I installed a blue center armrest on my 65 but my interior was black. I ordered a spray can of black vinyl dye and the results were excellent with a perfect match.

Pat

Casey, it will be great if you can find one in the same color but don't rule out other colors. I installed a blue center armrest on my 65 but my interior was black. I ordered a spray can of black vinyl dye and the results were excellent with a perfect match.

Pat

yeah i would have to paint it anyway, i already repainted the original ones with the vinyl dye they look really good, i just cant stand how low the passenger side sits because of it being rusted out

casey

Casey,

Which ever one you get, mine of Dick's, be sure it's for a custom interior. The standard interior has a stainless trim piece that runs horizontally across it. The upholstery will have holes in it from where the stainless is attached and the vinyl will have a 50 year indentation in it.

Ed