Electric window controls 1955 Roadmaster

McGreaham

The electric window controls on my 1955 Roadmaster (drivers side 4 switchs) do not sit flush with the door. The chrome bezel is straight across on the back and it looks like it should be curved to fit flush. Do all the controls sit out from the door or do I need another chrome bezel? It appears to be original but I am not sure, thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

I have attached some photos showing the switch and the door panel. As you can see the door panel is curved the back of the switch is flat and will not sit flush. I believe it is the original switch but am not sure. Thanks for lookingpost-97333-143143065781_thumb.jpg

post-97333-143143065731_thumb.jpg

post-97333-143143065757_thumb.jpg

I have attached some photos showing the switch and the door panel. As you can see the door panel is curved the back of the switch is flat and will not sit flush. I believe it is the original switch but am not sure. Thanks for looking[ATTACH=CONFIG]304485[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]304486[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]304487[/ATTACH]

Sum Ting Wong................Bob

On 55 Centuries the switch blade ends had 4 or 5 grooves and are a bit rounded off. If the RM's were the same you have the wrong switch. Possibly the original switch was replaced. A look at the other switches would be a good idea..........Bob

I thought of that but have seen a photo of a 55 Roadmaster with the window switch in that position.
On 55 Centuries the switch blade ends had 4 or 5 grooves and are a bit rounded off. If the RM's were the same you have the wrong switch. Possibly the original switch was replaced. A look at the other switches would be a good idea..........Bob

yep.

that's what mine look like, with grooves.

The switch you've got looks like the one that was in '73 Olds. It mounts on a flat surface, Not the convex like our '55 Roadmasters

(I don't know why the photo is upside-down) (and the chrome sill is not correct)

post-69184-143143067413_thumb.jpg

Edited by bhambulldog (see edit history)