BOP Sunday-Arizona

Cargirl

post-32549-143143049123_thumb.jpg

I had my first judged car show today with my new Reatta and took second place at the Arizona BOP. There were two other Reatta's there, a red 1988 and a 10,000 mile 1990 convertible. My car competed against all original Buicks's newer than 1980 and did great! I met so many nice people there and felt like an good will representative from the Buick Motor Division. The people all asked about the car and loved it. It's so nice to once again own a Reatta!

post-32549-143143049116_thumb.jpg

Way to go...... it is rare around here that a Reatta will get an award when grouped with other cars of the same vintage, The GTO's, Skylarks, Camaros, etc seem to get more attention than the Reatta.

Nicely played, congrats! I took a 1st in unmodified closed car category on the very first showing/judging of my 91 coupe a few years back. Was kind of shocked at that, as there were many (more) worthy specimens at the all-Buick local show I attended.

I've not entered a show for judging since then as we have a dearth of shows locally, save for a couple of huge ones that are simply to heavily attended for me to want to go to. So, I generally go to cruise nights just to get the Reatta some exposure and check out other cool cars.

Certainly nice to see one getting props.

KDirk

Thanks guys! I huge assist to my successful weekend goes to this Reatta forum. You guys and this forum helped me so much with my other two Reatta's, I may have lost interest in those cars if not for the help and assistance I found here. My new Reatta was found by Stanley from the forum, I would not have found it if it were not for him and this forum.

Guest Corvanti

Awesome!!!:cool:

and don't be "skeered" to take your wonderful Reatta to multi-make car shows and spread the word - a lot of folks get tired of seeing all the tri-fives, camaro, chevelle and mustangs.:)

A post script to the car show. Today I was emailed by a very nice guy who was next to my car at the car show. Here is what he commented about the Reatta: "It was funny being next to your car, and hear the comments people were making.

There were at least ten people who said, "I read this is the next up and coming collectible car".

I know there are many threads on this forum about the collectible status of our cars. I really think that people are taking notice, these comments are relevant and very optimistic about the Reatta. :)