1928 LaSalle 5 passenger Coupe

Trulyvintage

Small world ....

Allan Warner is fabricating a new body for the LaSalle ...

Merwyn (the owner) had a cut away of the coach body & a picture of the LaSalle w/ the correct color according to the serial number(s) ...

I met him a few years ago when I hauled a Marmon he had rebuilt from his place in Medina, OH

to Indianapolis, IN ....

That is Allan on the tractor ...

Very talented wood coach restorer - if anyone needs work done you can reach him at 330-239-1406.

Jim

post-56761-143143051644_thumb.jpg

post-56761-143143051647_thumb.jpg

post-56761-14314305165_thumb.jpg

There are no serial numbers for the 1928 LaSalle. Engine numbers were used. In any event, color cannot be determined by serial numbers on any car that I'm aware of, as they were strictly a sequential number. It's possible that all LaSalles came standard a certain color (perhaps dependent on body style), with other colors available as an option.

It's quite a project. I hope someday we can be updated on this.

Marv,

I received your PM & will pass it along to Merwyn.

BTW - I asked him about serial numbers ...

He found a serial number on the body - frame - engine all of which matched.

He used those to determine year - make - model.

Jim

Edited by Trulyvintage (see edit history)

Trulyvintage

Check out this Web Site it may help in the restoration and you may want to contact them about patterns for the wood. http://www.svcr.com.au/lasalle-1928/

Marv.

Marv,

Thank you for that & for the PM.

I will pass it along.

Jim

For your paint color and other interesting information about your LaSalle go to the Cad-LaSalle Club website and find the information pertaining to, among other things, the order sheet from the regional distributer. With that you should know the color your car was born with, wheel type and their trim and quite a bit of other interesting information. Usually a repo owners manual comes too, The charge was $50 ( the last time I ordered the info on a LaSalle. I had one for my 27 LaSalle phaeton, 37 and 39 convertible sedans.

Cadillac Historical services used to offer the service but in recent years the job has been farmed out to a company who looks up the info and sends out the package.

From the regional dealer the car would have gone to the local dealer, or in some cases the regionals also sold as dealers too. That distribution system was used for decades, anyway, that regional order sheet is the thing you want.

Jim43