door light switch

My 89 has a single button in the door frame to turn the lights on/off. My 89 parts car has two buttons. Does anyone know why it has the two while mine only has the 1?

The stainless door opening cover looks like both were formed at the factory; one with 1 hole and one with 2 holes.

This restoration seems to uncover many mysteries. Thanks, Doug

I checked the wiring diagrams in my service manual and it shows two buttons: one for illuminated entry and one for door ajar. Since my 89 only has the illuminated entry button was the door ajar an option or is my 89 an early production model that didn't include this button? Thanks Doug

I checked the wiring diagrams in my service manual and it shows two buttons: one for illuminated entry and one for door ajar. Since my 89 only has the illuminated entry button was the door ajar an option or is my 89 an early production model that didn't include this button? Thanks Doug

If you tell us the last 4 digits in your VIN we can better tell you if you have an early built 89 or not.

The last four digits of vin # are 3553. Thanks Doug
This is a rather late built 89 with a number like that.

Which car is this, your driver or the parts cart?

Here is how it is in my rather early 89. ONE switch button in the Body A pillar area and 2 buttons (one switch and one seatbelt release control button) through the stainless steel cover below the door latch STRIKER. The 'key in ignition' chime is activated through grounding of either of those 2 switches while the interior lights are only activated through the switch in the A pillar base.

I hope this will somehow be of assistance to you.