DYNAFLOW Transmission Parts

Brandon Todd

Hello,

I am in the process of rebuilding my Dynaflow transmission off my 1957 Buick Special. I have bought a complete rebuild kit, (with all clutches and plates, etc), but I have run into some other complications and am in need of some other parts that a rebuild kit does not come with.

I know that a lot, (if not all), of these parts can be found on various websites, but I wanted to post an ad here just in case anybody has any spare parts laying around.

Here is my list of needed parts:

1. Hi-low Brake Drum (part # 1388730)

2. Reverse Drum and Ring Gear (Part # 1354974 ???)

3. Front Band

4. Reverse Band

5. Parking Pawl (JUST the pawl if possible) (the actual piece the gear sits into)

The bands I have are worn, so is my Hi-Low Brake Drum, and the reverse ring gear is worn with the teeth all messed up. The Parking Pawl must have been out of adjustment for so long, because the slot where the gear sits into is all rounded off. I may be able to fix it, but I thought I should ask anyway.

Even if you have just one of these parts, please do not hesitate to let me know. I appreciate your time and I'm hoping someone has these parts! They do not necessarily need to be brand-new... but in good, working shape.

Thank you,

Brandon T.

Missouri.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I am in the process of rebuilding my Dynaflow transmission off my 1957 Buick Special. I have bought a complete rebuild kit, (with all clutches and plates, etc), but I have run into some other complications and am in need of some other parts that a rebuild kit does not come with.

I know that a lot, (if not all), of these parts can be found on various websites, but I wanted to post an ad here just in case anybody has any spare parts laying around.

Here is my list of needed parts:

1. Hi-low Brake Drum (part # 1388730)

2. Reverse Drum and Ring Gear (Part # 1354974 ???)

3. Front Band

4. Reverse Band

5. Parking Pawl (JUST the pawl if possible) (the actual piece the gear sits into)

The bands I have are worn, so is my Hi-Low Brake Drum, and the reverse ring gear is worn with the teeth all messed up. The Parking Pawl must have been out of adjustment for so long, because the slot where the gear sits into is all rounded off. I may be able to fix it, but I thought I should ask anyway.

Even if you have just one of these parts, please do not hesitate to let me know. I appreciate your time and I'm hoping someone has these parts! They do not necessarily need to be brand-new... but in good, working shape.

Thank you,

Brandon T.

Missouri.

I have complete 1963 Dynalow out of Riviera,ran when pulled.I am in Chesterfield,Mo 314-956-9958.