Clarks Door panels

alini

I called Clarks and asked them about their door panels. Nadine was helpful but I didnt get clear answers. She told me the door panels come with the vinyl on cardboard with carpet and a 'metal piece' on the top. I am assuming she means the sheetmetal frame for the top of the door, not the frame for the wood trim. Can someone confirm how the panels come??

Hopefully the completed panels are better than just the cardboard. Came bent and had to use them for templates to make my own (standard interior) out of wood.

I would also make sure that they come with the metal pin strips on the edges that pop the panel to the door.

Good luck. Their other stuff seems really nice, hope these are too.

Mike

Thats why Im asking, because I am on the fence about sticking with a stockish appearance or just making my own door panels. my car didnt come with Custom interior and they dont offer standard and I need to find pieces if I am going 'Custom' door panel depending on which metal we are talking about

I was thinking of doing deluxe panels too as I have most of the pieces but my car was a standard and I think they will be easier to make myself. I did have to get the square chrome piece for each door and the arm rests and switches as my car came minus the panels. I got them from a Riviera guy on FB. The one thing that I did have from one of my parts cars is the metal piece that makes the top of the panel (where it meets the glass). I think the wiring is different for deluxe and the double handle door shell is different. The standard one could possibly be modified. All my pieces are driver quality not great but will be fine for the direction that I am going on my car.

OK Riviera People: I purchased a pair of Clark's door panel cardboard. My upholstery guy had no problem attaching the hardware from the weathered (custom) door panels. He used grasshopper type clips to fasten the panel to the door shell. This allows on/off several times if necessary. The pins, although oem are not nearly as durable. He used his own felt, OEM vinyl and the carpet provided by Clarks in their carpet set to build the exterior. Aside from my amateur wood job they look good!

The 61-64 impala people I heard have re-popped the door rail, the top metal piece the fuzzies attach to. The Rivieras to the best of my knowledge haven't got their due yet on these items. I am anxiously awaiting the re-pops on the 59-60 GM door rails.

As far as hardware goes the door paddles and wind cranks and wood veneer kits are available. The rest of the hardware like the galvanized piece with the stainless trim, and the trim under the plastic arm rest fillers are not available new. Mitch