1952 Aero seats

Guest SocalKen

Guest SocalKen

does anyone know if the seats in a 2 door are the same as the seats in a 4 door? any help will be appreciated.

Ken

The front seat will not interchange since the backrest folds on the 2dr but is fixed on the 4dr cars. The rear seats should interchange but if you use 2 dr seats in a 4dr car the material pattern may not match since the backrest sides are not seen on the 2dr cars.

Guest SocalKen
The front seat will not interchange since the backrest folds on the 2dr but is fixed on the 4dr cars. The rear seats should interchange but if you use 2 dr seats in a 4dr car the material pattern may not match since the backrest sides are not seen on the 2dr cars.

do you think the 4 door back seats will bolt right up? i need to redo the seats anyway but just wondering about the frames

Ken

According to the Willys parts book, the lower cushion is the same between the 2 and 4 door cars but the upper back rest is different. I don't have 2 cars to compare but I would imagine that the 4 door unit could be made to fit in the 2 door space. The openings are the same so the only difference must be in how the seat is upholstered.

Guest SocalKen
According to the Willys parts book, the lower cushion is the same between the 2 and 4 door cars but the upper back rest is different. I don't have 2 cars to compare but I would imagine that the 4 door unit could be made to fit in the 2 door space. The openings are the same so the only difference must be in how the seat is upholstered.

thanks so much for the info....

Guest SocalKen

I am looking for a set of front and rear seats for a 2 door 1952 aero.... if anyone can help thank you