Beautifully restored 1932 Plymouth PB Cabriolet Convertible - $29500 (foster city)-Not Mine

[h=2]This car looks beautiful and at a good price. It's 3 hours from me. Anybody interested, I can go and check this car and help with shipping World Wide.

Up for sale or trade is this beautifully restored 1932 Plymouth PB Cabriolet Convertible.

This well documented original rust free California car enjoyed a full mechanical and frame up restoration in the mid 90's. It's clear that a past owner spent a lot of time and care restoring this special car. This Plymouth was originally purchased in 1932 in Palo Alto California and includes a 2" binder filled with restoration receipts, service records, original registration cards, insurance documents and bill of sale showing that the original buyer, Mr. Robert Rhodes put down $200 from a trade in and made eighteen $38.32 payments!

The classic color combination of a cream body contrasted with the terracotta rust fenders makes this little convertible "Pop"!

The chassis was rebuilt and the car received new glass, vinyl interior, paint and re-plated chrome. This Plymouth has a very clean wiring, under carriage and engine compartment. The car has just been professionally wet sanded, polished, touched up and received a recent tune up.

The paint and interior are in good serviceable condition. Although the body is rust free and solid, the paint has a few blemishes, minor over spray and has been touched up in a few areas. (Detailed photos available on request).

The car has a new tan canvas convertible top boot, and the convertible top frame functions properly and have been re-chromed with new wood bows and is ready for your choice of canvas top. Includes rear chrome window frame and glass.

This peppy 32' convertible is a ton of fun to drive, with rare hydraulic breaks for the time. (Not on Ford or Chevy in 1932) She fires up easily via the foot actuated starter, utilizing the operational choke if necessary. Her engine runs smoothly, with tight steering, brakes, suspension and transmission operating as they should.

Here is your chance to own a truly special stock early 30's Mopar convertible including wonderful lines, 5 wire wheels, suicide doors, and a rumble seat that sets this car apart from the crowd.

This is a nice driver quality convertible and would make a great addition to any collection or be a cool ride for weekends and car shows.

The car is sold as is. Inspections and test drives welcome on site. Looking to get into a turnkey 1928-1955 restored car, truck or convertible. (Tend to favor 20's-30's Mopar, GMC, LaSalle, DeSoto, Nash, Hudson, Studebaker, Kaiser and other unique or orphan cars, trucks and convertibles in restored or survivor condition.) Please contact John for 240+ photos of the car. $29,500 or OBO. Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto, 1931, 1932, 1933, 1934, 1935

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Beautifully restored 1932 Plymouth PB Cabriolet Convertible - $29500<small style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;"> (foster city)</small>[/h]http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4947040789.html

post-78906-143143028885_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143143028882_thumb.jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

The windshields are different because the convertible coupe header is solid and the windshield has a piano hinge to attach it to the header. The roadster has the fold down windshield which requires no solid header and attaches on the sides and the soft top snaps to it. Hope that explanation helps, Dave.

John

That seems like a pretty good buy. Considering a Project one will run you 15-20G and need 40,000 worth of work to get to the state this car looks to be in. I looked at a 33 Coupe that really needed to be restored as the paint, interior were very weathered but still usable and hot been redone at some point so it wasn't a survivor. Chrome was pretty much shot but it was very good mechanically and the guy was stuck at 19,500. I cam in at at 12,500 when he asked for an offer before telling me his price.

I really hate making offers not knowing what the guy has in mind. You don't want to insult someone.

That seems like a pretty good buy. Considering a Project one will run you 15-20G and need 40,000 worth of work to get to the state this car looks to be in. I looked at a 33 Coupe that really needed to be restored as the paint, interior were very weathered but still usable and hot been redone at some point so it wasn't a survivor. Chrome was pretty much shot but it was very good mechanically and the guy was stuck at 19,500. I cam in at at 12,500 when he asked for an offer before telling me his price.

I really hate making offers not knowing what the guy has in mind. You don't want to insult someone.

The guy was just hoping you would offer more than the 19,500. You offered him what it was worth to you.

The guy that owns the red car was offered 45.000 for the car 2 years ago. One went through an auction and sold for 39.000.

If I had that car I wouldn't sell it for any less than the 39,000 and would really have to think before taking the 45,000 It looks pretty darn nice. I think the roadster is alot racier looking.