I'm looking for some Mercer Automobiles in New Jersey.

Guest johnnydelrey

Guest johnnydelrey

I'm looking for some Mercer Automobiles in New Jersey. This is really random but I work at a place called Grounds For Sculpture in Hamilton. It is located on part of what used to be the New Jersey State Fairgrounds. They have an event called Day at the Fair where they celebrate the history of the fairgrounds. One of the buildings is the Motor Exhibit Building. I can only imagine the wonders of the modern age that were displayed in that building at the fair. I thought it would be cool if a couple or even a few people came out for the day to show off their cars, I would love to see some Mercers. The fact they were produced locally, I think it's perfect. The day of the event is April 19. I am not an official representative but I do work at Grounds For Sculpture, if anyone was to message me back here or at johnnydelrey@yahoo.com, I would put you in touch with someone who could give you more info. I don't think there would be anything in it for the car owners except a nice day out to show off your car. The Motor Exhibit Building and the Domestic Arts Building were erected in the 20's and are would be a great Art Deco backdrop for some 20 's, 30's or even newer cars. Anyone have an antique farm tractor? Anyway, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking for some Mercer Automobiles in New Jersey. This is really random but I work at a place called Grounds For Sculpture in Hamilton. It is located on part of what used to be the New Jersey State Fairgrounds. They have an event called Day at the Fair where they celebrate the history of the fairgrounds. One of the buildings is the Motor Exhibit Building. I can only imagine the wonders of the modern age that were displayed in that building at the fair. I thought it would be cool if a couple or even a few people came out for the day to show off their cars, I would love to see some Mercers. The fact they were produced locally, I think it's perfect. The day of the event is April 19. I am not an official representative but I do work at Grounds For Sculpture, if anyone was to message me back here or at johnnydelrey@yahoo.com, I would put you in touch with someone who could give you more info. I don't think there would be anything in it for the car owners except a nice day out to show off your car. The Motor Exhibit Building and the Domestic Arts Building were erected in the 20's and are would be a great Art Deco backdrop for some 20 's, 30's or even newer cars. Anyone have an antique farm tractor? Anyway, let me know.

Sure I can hook you up! More Mercers in NJ than anywhere else for obvious reasons! And yes of course I know where Grounds for Sculpture is. It is built on the ashes of the Trenton MOtor Speedway :( where the great racers of the postwar golden era competed. I haven't been for a few years now and didn't know about the Motor Exhibit. I will contact you via direct email, and cc local Mercer community members! We did something like this last year at the HOwell living history farm.

Best,

B