1920 Maxwell in Silent Film

MochetVelo

This film has been mentioned before as being available on DVD, but I found it on YouTube. It has no sound track, but doesn't really need one. You will find the car scenes with a c1920 Maxwell touring car hard-to-believe. The drivers were certainly courageous! It stars the Canadian actress, writer and filmmaker Nell Shipman. Check her bio on Wikipedia. After watching this film, you will sell your car and buy a Maxwell!

Phil

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/koVprL05Mls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Edited by MochetVelo (see edit history)

Interestingly, Nell Shipman was an early animal rights activist, so I think the dog made it through the picture OK. He doesn't appear to be in the car in every scene. Also, do you think they used the same car throughout the film?

On another Maxwell film subject, the 1914 5-reel (about 50 minutes?) factory film "From Molten Steel to Automobile" was heavily promoted and shown widely in the US. Here is a detailed article from Automobile Topics. I think this film is lost, but I'm hoping a copy lies in some collection...

A quote from the Maxwell copy: "You can feel the roar of the foundry, the thud of the hammers. You can smell the paint and gasoline..."

Phil

Edited by MochetVelo (see edit history)