Hello from France ! :)

Guest sebastien buick

Guest sebastien buick

hello, I do not know if this is the place to present this.

my name is Sebastian, I'm French, I'm 21 years old and has been one and a half years buick electra 225 a 1969 :)

I do not speak much English is for her that I serve me a translator.

thank you

Welcome to the AACA forum. You will learn a lot here and maybe teach us a few things. You may want to scroll down to the Buick section of the forum to find other Buick owners.

Today on the the way into Hooterville (Franklin NC) I got behind a beautiful white 1962 Buick Electra 225 2 door hardtop with red interior. It was such a beautiful big car, I followed him to what turned out to be a street rod show. The gentleman said it was his first time out of the garage this spring. (It was not a street rod but a beautifully maintained original 1962 Buick Electra 225) I loved it! as I guess he did too. I invited him to an antique car tour coming up in our town next month, I hope he comes.

Guest sebastien buick

hello, thank you for your advice and support;).

for me it is an honor to talk to the US :).

I you will see pictures of my buick and if you want I can put you pictures of French car he will show the old car.

I was castelssarasin in southern France (noon pyrénée)

sebastien buick ,

Sebastien , Si vous avez googel en France , il suffit de taper votre message et le traduire en anglais . Je ne ai jamais écrit en français dans ma vie , Comment est-il ?

(Sebastien, If you have googel in France, simply type in your message and translate it into english. I have never wrote in French in my life, How does it look?)

Guest sebastien buick

yes thank you to his walk well translator :)

thank you for your compliment! ;)

yes I will put the Buick in the section Buick;)

Sebastian, Welcome to the site. The Buick looks great. I have friends who have long been into older cars. The older guy is about my age (75), the dad might be pushing 50, and his son is about 18. He finished restoring a '66 Buick Wildcat hardtop sedan about a year ago and did a very nice job with it. I like to see the younger folk taking care of the older cars.

Guest sebastien buick

thank you, Wildcat 66 is a beautiful model too :).

yes I like American cars (and others too) .I have to buy 19 years old (in France was the driving license is 18 years old), I work from the age of 15 years is one years after I got my license I buy a Buick :) and I am very matter.

its my dream would be to win the lottery to go to a California car breaks for buying lots of wreckage and restore as originally :).

Beautiful Buick. It must really stand out on the roads in France. I find it interesting (though not surprising) that American cars from the 1950s and 1960s are so collectible in Europe. American cars from that era were unique in all the world. Is there a large number of people in France who collect French cars from the 50s and 60s? I can tell you that the collector market in the U.S. for French cars of almost any era is very small.

Guest sebastien buick

thank you :).

I said California because this summer I'm going on vacation in California for two weeks :).

in France there are several clubs of all kind of car I know many American car club (1950 a2000), of French car club (there are a lot of you do, since we're in France we all rooms have a side).

and there are also Italian, English, German ...

all cars are much appreciated in France.

Guest sebastien buick

yes I know there are not many French car in America, it is for his I put the French car photos for you to discover what is there with us;).

in my village, almost everyone has an old car and the bottom of exhibition

Guest sebastien buick

yes that's the problem it's big city, there are so many worlds that certain person prefers not to take car :(

yes there are a lot of old car restore or juice in their original .the most of the people love cars and when there is an old car show there was always full of people. (in a village next to home there was an exhibition in two days there were more than 10 thousand visitors and many exhibitors :).

increasingly person restores cars.

I really like American cars and America; and I have seen many pictures and videos of cars from the 1950s to 1990 abandon in the forest or in the desert and it really makes me very sad: '(.

even if the car is less powerful or luxurious than another, it still has the merit of being restored.

whenever I see videos like her, I have a stomach ache so its done me the bolt.

how come nobody is restored car? even if the sheet is perforated rust or anything can be restored

Edited by sebastien buick (see edit history)

That is truly a beautiful Electra......... :P

A dear old friend of mine bought a 1969 Buick Electra 225 Limited edition in 1968.......what a boat!

I put a few miles on that car myself as a 17-18 year old back then.

Do you own a gas station in France? Or Luxembourg perhaps....... ;) .........ha ha

Guest sebastien buick

yes it was full of gas station, but when you love something you not watch consumption.

when I filled up I did not pay attention to what I put, I can put 20 euros or 100 euros gasoline for me it's the same.

I love America! :)

yes it was full of gas station, but when you love something you not watch consumption.

when I filled up I did not pay attention to what I put, I can put 20 euros or 100 euros gasoline for me it's the same.

I love America! :)

I'm happy you love America! We need all the friends we can get....... :)

I have 5 old old cars ranging from 1919 to 1965 and the most common question I get is "What kind of mileage does it get?" to which I reply "I don't know and I don't care........it's all FUN"....... :P

Guest sebastien buick

yes it's nice, I love the Chevrolet you pictures;) is a beautiful model.

are there many American car from 1950 to 1980? may bought this car is in car breaks for restored?

thank you

Guest sebastien buick

You know the American show "texas car wars"?

Did you know if the issue continues to be broadcast?.

or is it there? I would like to purchase and restore everything :)

A lot of the cars you see in those yards from up in the North East where there is snow over here in the USA have been run in the winter. Over here they use a salt and sand combo to keep the roads from icing up and that eats the metal. If you look just above the rear wheels and see rust holes, 99% of the time underneath the floors and frames, unibodies, and other parts are so rusty it does not make it feasible to restore these cars. Not everyone over here takes pride, or gives their cars care like they do in Europe. They run them for what they are worth, and when they rust, they go to the scrap yard. Most get crushed. The further west you go in America, the less rust you see on older vehicles. The States of Oregon, California, and Washington in the far west, and also the desert states the metal lasts better. Less rain = less moisture. Many cars over here cost more to restore then they are worth after they are done and running. That is why so many are left to rust in the land of plenty. Dandy Dave!

Guest sebastien buick

ok thank you for the information, it's really sad: '(.

any car that's been my dream in movies like starky and hutch, k2000, gone in 60 seconds, bullit, ...

and see that, its really makes me sad.

it's cars are made the American dream of everyone and everyone has abandoned them: '(

This is the kind of car I love restored if I win the lottery if perssone wants me I would like.

I would give them an equal chance if rust is present in 90%.

I really like American cars and I do not want to see them rot

Guest bkazmer
ok thank you for the information, it's really sad: '(.

any car that's been my dream in movies like starky and hutch, k2000, gone in 60 seconds, bullit, ...

and see that, its really makes me sad.

it's cars are made the American dream of everyone and everyone has abandoned them: '(

This is the kind of car I love restored if I win the lottery if perssone wants me I would like.

I would give them an equal chance if rust is present in 90%.

I really like American cars and I do not want to see them rot

Il y a quelque chose dont vous avez besoin pour votre 225? Elle n'est pas aussi vielle que les pieces détachées soient trop difficile à trouver ici.

Guest sebastien buick

thank you I squeezed interested indeed :).

any mechanical parts I manage to find them (my mechanic is specialized in American cars for 15 years and exports all the parts I need America).

I squeezed interest to mirror (all original), mats Buick Electra 1969 original, the chrome strips that there is on the side of the car. (and disc brake pad and has the front, it's parts are rare to found)

I will look specifically what I need.

this summer I offers two week holiday in California !!! :) I would go visit some car breaks too :)

Guest bkazmer
thank you I squeezed interested indeed :).

any mechanical parts I manage to find them (my mechanic is specialized in American cars for 15 years and exports all the parts I need America).

I squeezed interest to mirror (all original), mats Buick Electra 1969 original, the chrome strips that there is on the side of the car. (and disc brake pad and has the front, it's parts are rare to found)

I will look specifically what I need.

this summer I offers two week holiday in California !!! :) I would go visit some car breaks too :)

Your English is generally clear, but you have hit a "faux ami." "Casseur" is "junkyard" in American English rather than "break"