Do you know this car?

Guest fankoff

Guest fankoff

Hi there,

I found a vintage car rotting in a backyard out in the open and while trying to find who the owner is, first I need to know what that car actually is. So if you could recognize this model, please give me any hints!

Thank you very much in advance!

post-108022-143143021319_thumb.jpg

post-108022-143143021256_thumb.jpg

post-108022-143143021292_thumb.jpg

Where are you fankoff? Left hand drive and the number plate indicate somewhere in Europe? It has a different grille from US production (as far as I know) and the low mounted small lights could mean it was assembled in Europe. Definitely a 38 Chrysler. Keiser would be the person to give you the correct model.

Terry

It is LH drive. The license is not of US origin, maybe European. Where did you take the PIX?

fankoff's email address is Bulgaria

And its not worth much

We spent time in Sweden and Norway last year and they have left hand drive on the right side of the road.

Norway has always had left hand drive on the tight side of the road. For many years Sweden had LHD cars on the left side of the road. They made the change to the right side of the road literally overnight in 1967.

Terry

Edited by dictator27 (see edit history)

Norway has always had left hand drive on the tight side of the road. For many years Sweden had LHD cars on the left side of the road. They made the change to the right side of the road literally overnight in 1967.

Terry

I think you meant to say now they drive on the right side. They used to drive on the wrong side.

If the original questioner ever comes back, the 1938 DeSoto was a product of the Chrysler Corporation and is related to the Plymouth, Dodge, and Chrysler cars and Dodge and Fargo trucks.

They used the same engine for many years, up until 1968 in some trucks.

Most of the mechanical parts are readily available and not very expensive, considering the age of the car. Body and trim parts, not so much, especially since it is the rare limousine type body.