LOWERED PRICE - NOW $7500 ! 1976 Lincoln Continental

Guest Irv D

Guest Irv D

LOWERED PRICE !! Now $7500 ! BeautifulClassic Lincoln - original Florida car: ($7500) A true survivor in deep red,mirror-like finish. Triple red withembossed, padded vinyl roof and plush velour interior. Flawlesspadded dash with burled wood grain, matching door panels and originalprotective floor mats. Entire car is in immaculate condition - as nice asyou will find anywhere for a 39 year old car. One of several classic cars I am selling from my personalcollection.<o:p></o:p>

Cardrives and handles beautifully and looks amazing. Outstanding originalcondition. Minor exhaust noise at manifold (barely noticeable at highwayspeeds). Nearly new whitewall radialtires and pristine original Lincoln hubcaps. Car is all original withexception of new starter, solenoid andconversion of A/C to R134A.<o:p></o:p>

Features and Options: Factory 460 V-8, automatictransmission. Loaded with Lincolnoptions: Power steering and brakes, PW, PDL, 6-way power seat, cruise,tilt wheel, power antenna, power trunk release, A/C, AM/FM stereo, Cartierclock, etc. All gauges and lights work properly, as do other options- except some positions on power seat. AC works, compressor in goodworking order, but does not hold acharge. Hoses connections needreplacing. The vehicle is currentlyregistered, insured and licensed in New York State. <o:p></o:p>

Car is being sold as is with no warranties expressed or implied inany way or form. Personal or third party inspections and testdrives are welcomed. Car is located within 5 minutes of Glens Falls, NYoff Exit 18 off I-87. <o:p></o:p>

Now Priced at $7500 FIRM. Payment by cash or Cashier's check. A clear title will be conveyed to buyer upon full payment of purchase priceto seller.<o:p></o:p>

NADAClassic Vehicle Pricing: Average Retail: $5200............ High Retail: $14,200<o:p></o:p>

Questions or Concerns: Please call (518) 792-6830

post-72405-143143021217_thumb.jpg bump

post-72405-143143021186_thumb.jpg

post-72405-143143021191_thumb.jpg

post-72405-143143021195_thumb.jpg

post-72405-143143021199_thumb.jpg

post-72405-143143021203_thumb.jpg

post-72405-143143021207_thumb.jpg

post-72405-143143021211_thumb.jpg

Edited by Irv D
lowered price (see edit history)

Guest Irv D
Looks like a low-mileage car. Can you enlighten us?

Thanks for your inquiry. I thought I had included the mileage. Yes, the Lincoln has right around 40,600 origianl miles.

I purchased the car March 3, 2010 in Florida & was transported to my home in Queensbury NY. Only reason for selling now, is we have seven classic cars and, with some health issues we are downsizing to around 1 or 2.

Other vehicles for sale: 1960 AMC Rambler American Custom 2 dr, 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe, 1967 VW Beetle w/Sunroof, 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

and, (possibly 1950 DeSoto Custom 2 dr Club Coupe, 1950 DeSoto Custom 4 dr sedan) - All cars are low mileage cars

in original condition.

Irv D

Irv, if the time comes to sell, I'd be interested in your '65 Mustang. Can you E-mail me some details? Matt@HarwoodMotors.com.

Looks like a nice Lincoln and reasonably priced. I sold a similar car to a gentleman in Thailand(!) not too long ago and crushed the price guides with it--I think these cars are going to see some gains as people not too much older than I am come into the hobby and look for the high-end cars of their youth. There was nothing bigger or more luxurious than one of these land yachts, and it turns out that they're still quite pleasant to drive.

Guest Irv D

John,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I did have the car for sale last year (maybe was asking around $10K for it) - priced according to what I have in it. Only reason for selling is we have too many cars, getting older and have some mobility problems (bad knees), so it is time to sell some and move on. At the price I now have on the car - I will not be lowering at all. I have had two offers for $5K and would not consider going that low. And - it is as nice as it looks in pictures, maybe even nicer!!

Irv

Irv, $5000 would only be appropriate for a higher-mileage car

that wasn't nearly as well detailed. I regularly check the

prices realized on Ebay, though I would never buy a car

sight-unseen myself. Watch out for bottom-fishers, and

don't let them make a quick buck at your expense!

Asking prices (from dealers or optimistic sellers) for cars like yours are

often double what you're asking, but such prices are practically irrelevant.

I've seen dealers seemingly unyielding at $17,000 on their websites,

but their very cars bring $7000 to $10,000 on Ebay.

Have you thought of advertising it beyond this Forum

(which tends to get limited exposure), such as in the

magazine of the Lincoln and Continental Owners' Club?

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Guest Irv D
BeautifulClassic Lincoln - original Florida car: ($7995) A true survivor in deep red,mirror-like finish. Triple red withembossed, padded vinyl roof and plush velour interior. Flawlesspadded dash with burled wood grain, matching door panels and originalprotective floor mats. Entire car is in immaculate condition - as nice asyou will find anywhere for a 39 year old car. One of several classic cars I am selling from my personalcollection.<o:p></o>

Cardrives and handles beautifully and looks amazing. Outstanding originalcondition. Minor exhaust noise at manifold (barely noticeable at highwayspeeds). Nearly new whitewall radialtires and pristine original Lincoln hubcaps. Car is all original withexception of new starter, solenoid andconversion of A/C to R134A.<o:p></o>

Features and Options:Factory 460 V-8, automatictransmission. Loaded with Lincolnoptions: Power steering and brakes, PW, PDL, 6-way power seat, cruise,tilt wheel, power antenna, power trunk release, A/C, AM/FM stereo, Cartierclock, etc. All gauges and lights work properly, as do other options- except some positions on power seat. AC works, compressor in goodworking order, but does not hold acharge. Hoses connections needreplacing. The vehicle is currentlyregistered, insured and licensed in New York State. <o:p></o>

Car is being sold as is with no warranties expressed or implied inany way or form. Personal or third party inspections and testdrives are welcomed. Car is located within 5 minutes of Glens Falls, NYoff Exit 18 off I-87. <o:p></o>

Asking $7995 Payment by cash or Cashier's check. A clear title will be conveyed to buyer upon full payment of purchase priceto seller.<o:p></o>

NADAClassic Vehicle Pricing:Average Retail: $5200............ High Retail: $14,200<o:p></o>

[ATTACH=CONFIG]300286[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300287[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300288[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300289[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300290[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300291[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300292[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300293[/ATTACH]

bump

Guest Irv D

John -

I am not aware of a magazine associated with a Lincoln Club - so, will have to check it out.

Thanks for the tip.

I would ebay that car and set the opening bid at the minimum acceptable selling price rather than playing the "reserve bid" crapola........ :mad:

Ebay would eat less than $200 and even if it didn't sell (unlikely I think) you'd get free world wide advertising.

Guest Irv D

Thanks for the info. I had listed it on Ebay a couple of years ago - and made the mistake of setting a reserve price. The bid came within $250 of meeting it. I plan to list it again on ebay and will definitely take your advice, as I was going to start the bid at a minimum price with no reserve - and see where it goes. Thanks again. Irv

Guest Irv D
Irv, will you be listing the Rambler for sale on this forum when the time comes ?

Thank you

I will be listing ALL of our cars on this website during the next month or so. We recently bought the Rambler and it is a true gem! Just like on my wife's mom had when we got married in Jan of 1963. (same color, body, etc.). Had no intent to sell it, but as I mentioned earlier - I have some mobility problems that preclude keeping all our cars.

Are you located in Vermont? My brother lives in Poultney VT. We are about 45 minuts or so from Rutland - near Glens Falls NY.

I was born in Vermont and consider myself a Vermonter but unfortunately my family moved to Rochester, NY back in the early 50's in order to make a living. I lived near Syracuse,NY for 40 years and moved back to the Rochester area 10 years ago..

I will be watching for your listings.

Irv, I'd put the minimum bid on Ebay close to the

$7895 you were asking on the AACA's Lincoln Forum.

As I wrote here earlier, don't resignedly feel you must

accept a low price!

Many cars take several tries before they actually sell on Ebay,

I've noticed. A "Buy it now" price might be helpful too.

Guest Irv D
coud you email me some info on the dart swinger cdequipment98@yahoo.com

Thanks for your inquiry. This is an ALL ORIGINAL 1971 Dart Swinger, tpost-72405-143143059755_thumb.jpgwo door coupe with vinyl top, 225 slant six engine. Right around 32K original miles. Only things not original to the car: battery, 2 years old and tires, both of which are in excellent condition, as is the rest of the car. Only thing not working (including the radio) is the gas gauge. I believe it is the sending unit - worked at times, but not now.

I am not sure where you will find another Dart Swinger as nice original condition as this one. As such, the price is pretty firm. Car runs, drives and stops PERFECT! I am attaching a few pics - but if you want more, send me your email address and I will be glad to send them to you. The car is in winter storage and will be removed on April 25th.

PRICE: $9150

Irv Dpost-72405-14314305974_thumb.jpg

post-72405-143143059709_thumb.jpg

post-72405-143143059726_thumb.jpg

Guest Irv D
Thanks for your inquiry. This is an ALL ORIGINAL 1971 Dart Swinger, t[ATTACH=CONFIG]303887[/ATTACH]wo door coupe with vinyl top, 225 slant six engine. Right around 32K original miles. Only things not original to the car: battery, 2 years old and tires, both of which are in excellent condition, as is the rest of the car. Only thing not working (including the radio) is the gas gauge. I believe it is the sending unit - worked at times, but not now.

I am not sure where you will find another Dart Swinger as nice original condition as this one. As such, the price is pretty firm. Car runs, drives and stops PERFECT! I am attaching a few pics - but if you want more, send me your email address and I will be glad to send them to you. The car is in winter storage and will be removed on April 25th.

PRICE: $9150

Irv D[ATTACH=CONFIG]303884[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]303885[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]303886[/ATTACH]

bump

Guest Irv D
LOWERED PRICE !! Now $7695BeautifulClassic Lincoln - original Florida car: ($7695) A true survivor in deep red,mirror-like finish. Triple red withembossed, padded vinyl roof and plush velour interior. Flawlesspadded dash with burled wood grain, matching door panels and originalprotective floor mats. Entire car is in immaculate condition - as nice asyou will find anywhere for a 39 year old car. One of several classic cars I am selling from my personalcollection.<o:p></o>

Cardrives and handles beautifully and looks amazing. Outstanding originalcondition. Minor exhaust noise at manifold (barely noticeable at highwayspeeds). Nearly new whitewall radialtires and pristine original Lincoln hubcaps. Car is all original withexception of new starter, solenoid andconversion of A/C to R134A.<o:p></o>

Features and Options:Factory 460 V-8, automatictransmission. Loaded with Lincolnoptions: Power steering and brakes, PW, PDL, 6-way power seat, cruise,tilt wheel, power antenna, power trunk release, A/C, AM/FM stereo, Cartierclock, etc. All gauges and lights work properly, as do other options- except some positions on power seat. AC works, compressor in goodworking order, but does not hold acharge. Hoses connections needreplacing. The vehicle is currentlyregistered, insured and licensed in New York State. <o:p></o>

Car is being sold as is with no warranties expressed or implied inany way or form. Personal or third party inspections and testdrives are welcomed. Car is located within 5 minutes of Glens Falls, NYoff Exit 18 off I-87. <o:p></o>

Asking $7995 Payment by cash or Cashier's check. A clear title will be conveyed to buyer upon full payment of purchase priceto seller.<o:p></o>

NADAClassic Vehicle Pricing:Average Retail: $5200............ High Retail: $14,200<o:p></o>

[ATTACH=CONFIG]300286[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300287[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300288[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300289[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300290[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300291[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300292[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300293[/ATTACH] bump

bump

Guest Irv D
LOWERED PRICE !! Now $7695BeautifulClassic Lincoln - original Florida car: ($7695) A true survivor in deep red,mirror-like finish. Triple red withembossed, padded vinyl roof and plush velour interior. Flawlesspadded dash with burled wood grain, matching door panels and originalprotective floor mats. Entire car is in immaculate condition - as nice asyou will find anywhere for a 39 year old car. One of several classic cars I am selling from my personalcollection.<o:p></o>

[ATTACH=CONFIG]300286[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300287[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300288[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300289[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300290[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300291[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300292[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300293[/ATTACH] bump

Guest Irv D

Assuming you are speaking about the Dodge Dart - not the Lincoln. Yes, and as far as I know - never had a repaint. Of course, that is the intake manifold which does not get extremely hot - unlike the exhaust manifold, which is now starting to show some rust from the heat. I believe I have had the car close to 6 years now.

Guest Irv D

Thanks for your inquiry about the Rambler. It is a 1960 American Custom, 2 Door Sedan. I very recently bought the car with no intent to sell - but some health issues merit reconsideration. Please email me at irv_dem@roadrunner.com and I will send pics and price to you.

Irv D

Guest Irv D

John -

Thanks for your comment about posting pics & price for the Rambler. Actually, I am going to post info and pics for all the cars we have an intnet to sell. It may take me a few days to get to it, as we had a recent death of one of our church family members, but they will all be posted within the next several days (1950 DeSoto Custom, 4 door sedan), 1950 DeSoto 2 door cllub coupe, 1960 Rambler American Custom 2 door sedan, 1966 For Mustang coupe, 1967 VW Beetle w/sunroof, 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger 2 dr coupe and - the 1976 Lincoln, currently posted).

Keep an eye out................these are all very nice original cars, low mileage - true survivors.

Irv

Guest Irv D

1976 LINCOLN ---------SOLD on Ebay 4/24/2015.

I will be posting several more of our classic cars for sale - in the next few days.

(1950 Desotos, 60 Rambler American, 66 Mustang, 67 VW Beetle sunroof and 71 Dodge Dart)

Thanks to all who viewed/responded to the Lincoln posting.

Irv D

Edited by Irv D
car sold (see edit history)

Someone has a nice 1976 lincoln now. I used to work for Milford Fabricators in Detroit MI. 1982-1984. They were a division of Bud Wheel Comp. The Company that stamped a lot of the Metal bodies at one time in the early 1900s. The owner of Mil Fab was a Armenian and had a 76 Linc just like the one just sold. He would go on vacation and we would go steal his car and rebuild it then put it back in his garage. That guy thought it was the greatest car in the world.

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)