Hupmobile Model 32 in Garage

MochetVelo

Yes, On the 1 driven face in, note the stabilizer arm from the rear spring to the rear end. That tells me its a Model 32 Hupp. The 1 facing out is also a Model 32 Hupp. The electric headlights tells me its a 1913 or later model.

G,day Huppers. Interesting comment Hupp 36. In Australia only the 1912 model 32 had the one piece windscreen. Both of our 1913 touring cars have two piece on which the bottom pane is fixed and the complete frame hinges and lies flat over the petrol filler .With the frame vertical the top pane can be turned right over when the top is raised so the air can be directed down onto our lap. There are at least two types of hinge assembly used on them but although perhaps a dozen are on the road down here none of the 1913 production are fitted with the single pane type. There are no known examples of closed cars in model 32 neither coupe nor sedan in Australia , Are any known to you ? We have been fortunate to have run seventeen Hupp Rallys in Australia and the next will be run in 2016 usually some folk from your part of the world attend and we have no trouble in finding rides for them. This time our family will be the organisers and we would all like to have you visit. Max Burke Nulkaba 2325 Austral;ia

G,day to all. Yes, I have Bills excellent book ( No 40 ) but when using it as a reference we must remember that the images are the work of a graphic artist and not photographs. I suggested to Bill that he follow up with another book of actual photographs from his vast collection but he summed up the situation in the fact that he has already had too many birthdays. When we ran our Hundred years of Hupp rally we tried to get Crawford to bring out the round the world Hupp 20 as they were talking of staging a reinactment in Australia of that section. Unfortunately our Hupp group have no wealth as a group and as Crawford required us to sponsor them their participation did not happen. Jim Ward was our connection with Crawford. I recommend his book "Three Men In A Hupp", You probably have it! Max Burke Nulkaba 2325 Australia.