Convertible frame

I purchased an 89 yellow tc and have begun restoring it. I just bought another 89 yellow parts car. The top on the parts car is black while mine is tan. How difficult is it to remove the entire convertible frame with the top attached? The 89 Service Manual does not give any information. I would like to put the black top on my car. Thanks from a new owner, Doug

6 bolts hold the top to the car in the top well. On the cars that had the little flapper holddowns by the rear windows you might need to remove the brace and catch that those attach to. Use something to hold the top folded when removing so the glass doesn't flop around and break. Before removing the top you might just use a crayon or grease pencil to mark around the mounting plates so the other top goes back in the same place.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sue Bell

Piece of cake! My daughter and I did it at the junkyard in no time flat. Three bolts on each side, as the "pale male" stated. We put a little WD-40 on the bolts, and they come off with a socket. We didn't even have to tear into anything to get at them. :)