'41 Continental Cabriolet-Top Slat Bolts

Michael L.

Guest 39 Pickup

They look like the replacements for the original rivets that were peened over where yours have a 8-32 or 10-32 1/4" screw. Bob Boos had these as replacements years ago, check with Herral-Boos to see if they still have them. Otherwise, you can turn down stainless steel bolts on a lathe as replacements.

I ground the original rivet off and drilled and tapped it to a 10/32 bolt. Chrome the original rivet and it is now a stud and bolt. Lee

Thanks for the advice 39 Pickup. The only problem I can see with turning down stainless steel bolts would be to try and reproduce the rather large 7/8" flat head. How could a guy do that? Any ideas?

Mike L.

Michael, go back to the LZOC web page and click on the catalog of Narragansett Restorations. Print out their catalog and look on page 18 and you will find a number of convertible top items they list for sale including the front top bow and some hardware. God luck

Michael, go back to the LZOC web page and click on the catalog of Narragansett Restorations. Print out their catalog and look on page 18 and you will find a number of convertible top items they list for sale including the front top bow and some hardware. God luck

Thanks for the suggestion John. Great minds think alike. I called Narragansett yesterday afternoon and ordered a few of the parts I need. Not the top bow and header bow though. I am still discussing those with local woodworkers mostly because of the shipping costs and low Canadian dollar right now.

Mike L.