judge question

BUKE

Guest my3buicks

That is sad if they grill badges have been discontinued. They should be at least available for purchase. I realize they are not cheap, must have been what was cut out to afford that $5K scholarship.

You get that badge (medallion) when you obtain the Senior award. A score of 385 - 400 will get you a Gold Award, which is normally a plaque. A score or 390-400 and no mandatory deductions will receive a Senior award. It can receive the Senior Award only once, after that it goes for the Senior Preservation Award. Following is taken directly from the BCA Judging Manual:

The Senior Award presented by the BCA is designated to honor those vehicles which have proven themselves to be the finest Buicks in their class. In order to qualify for the Senior Award, a vehicle must be judged at a BCA National Meet at which the 400 point judging form is utilized. The vehicle must attain a minimum of 390 points with no mandatory deductions. (ref. BCA Judging Form). Once a vehicle has been designated a Senior, it is ineligible to be judged in class for Senior or placement awards at subsequent National meets. However, upon conforming to the following guidelines a Senior vehicle may be judged and qualify for a BCA Senior Preservation Award. Senior cars are to be judged by their class team under the 400 point judging system (using gold color judging forms). A vehicle must attain at least 370 points and have no mandatory deductions to receive the BCA Senior Preservation Award. If any Senior vehicle being judged at a National Meet does not achieve a score of 370 points or receives a mandatory deduction, it may be judged for a BCA Senior Preservation Award at future National meets.

Edited by TxBuicks (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

The terminally has changed over the years, there have been Gold, Silver, & Bronze since the inception of the program, and of course then the Senior. I noticed a while back during the awards ceremony they started calling the Bronze, then Silver, then Gold and then Gold new Senior or Senior Gold. The term Gold was not tied to the Senior status award in earlier days.

The terminally has changed over the years, there have been Gold, Silver, & Bronze since the inception of the program, and of course then the Senior. I noticed a while back during the awards ceremony they started calling the Bronze, then Silver, then Gold and then Gold new Senior or Senior Gold. The term Gold was not tied to the Senior status award in earlier days.

As I recall, when our car received it's Senior award, it was called out as "Gold award and receiving Senior award".

That was '92 in Overland Park, KS.

We drove the three family Buicks to that show from MN, two Skylarks and my GS. We were thrilled with the outcome resulting in three Senior awards, with one attaining 400 points.

Loren@65GS.com