1940 Buick 4dr Touring Sedan (Super)??

John Adams

I checked Google Images to be sure, and they have a one-piece hood, but open from the side. I don't think they went to front-opening hoods until much later, maybe when the V8 came out in 1953? The '40 Super sedans are handsome cars. You're looking to buy one?

Edited by suchan
Added Info (see edit history)

Hello, First time poster....and first question of many to come. Does the 1940 4dr touring Sedan (doesnt have suiside doors) come with the slide hood panels (side openings) or one solid hood (front opening).....

All 1940's had side opening "butterfly" hoods. 1941 thru 1952 had side opening [from either side] hoods. 1953 was first front opening hood for Buick.

Ben

Thanks for the quick responses. I am going ot look at a car this weekend and wanted to better verify the authenticity. I dont see many postings regarding the 1940 4dr Touring Sedan. Coupes and others, yes, but not so much the style I am looking at. I'm looking to give up the Harley community for the Vintage car community.

Thanks for the quick responses. I am going ot look at a car this weekend and wanted to better verify the authenticity. I dont see many postings regarding the 1940 4dr Touring Sedan. Coupes and others, yes, but not so much the style I am looking at. I'm looking to give up the Harley community for the Vintage car community.

Well good on you!! We will accept you into our family. And no head bands or leather required.:D.

Please keep us informed. And pictures are always appreciated.

Ben

Just picked up car today from New Orleans area. A 1940 Series 51 four door touring sedan. Beautiful car, great paint (although not a 1940 color), new interior( period authentic ) , runs great!! A great way to break into the Vintage car community!!! I am very excited about the fun to come this spring and summer at local events and shows. I will post pictures when I get the car home tomorrow.

John

John,

Welcome aboard.

First thing to do is post lots of pictures. Then a good BIG avatar picture. Then become a "40 Buick Team member. We have to stay ahead of the "39 guys...........

Sorry Grant and Danny..........

Mike in Colorado