asking for help in identifying this floor jack,please!

Guest beah

folks---i was brought to this forum,from a google search.hope you can help me track down what i have.Bought this at a closed down service center.at first i thought it was an restorable US made model,but all stickers are worn off,and i began to suspect it was a hi-mileage china unit.i weighed it on a scale and took basic specs---52"-56" long;approx 6'-20" lift range,220lbs,and has the 3 position pump release built thru the hollow shaft of handle.there are casted numbers on the handle base(5M); foot lever(5E);the pump itself has (J9),and the rear casters have either (OP29) or (DP29),molded on them.

Scanning googled images,It looks like the current models,and specs are close,on several 5 Ton service jacks being marketed under possibly Powerbuilt/American Forge/Ktools/AC Delco/OTC,etc.I cant find any owners manuals/maintainance/parts exploded views,for any of those names on the net.

I would appreciate anyone being able to positively ID/spec this jack,;provide me with basic fill/drain/bleed instructions,and steer me towards the paperwork/parts(need 2 return springs at a minimum,and would like to know it theres a rebuild kit?), i seek.thank you for any feedback.

post-107915-143143019075_thumb.jpg

post-107915-143143019084_thumb.jpg

post-107915-143143019091_thumb.jpg

post-107915-143143019098_thumb.jpg

post-107915-143143019105_thumb.jpg

post-107915-143143019113_thumb.jpg

It looks like my Walker.

018.JPG

Here it is at work. In the late '60's and early '70's they were a free perk to garages that ordered a basic stock of Walker mufflers. That was the source of mine.

I bought mine around 1990 and had the cylinder rebuilt by a hydraulic shop for about a hundred bucks. It is pretty standard stuff. I had paperwork at one time and it is rated for 3-5 tons. The two speed action is one of the best I have used. The height is real good. There is a plug for filling and bleeding. I might have done that once. It is all generic parts. The hydraulic guys will know the parts if they know what direction to turn a bolt. Don't call Sears.

If there is still rubber on the casters, cut it off. It was a PIA before the term was invented.

I have a few other jacks of various types. This one is a keeper.

Bernie

thanx for that input,but i think its more of a off shore Walker clone.your handle has a clamp bolt,whereas mine has a single bolt strait into handle/base assy.the one small partial silver sticker read "made in...".,usually not seen on US products.if you have an exploded parts view you can send me,i can rule it out quickly.i appreciate any clues!