Cotton Pickin' mouse

I have a new '18 DB. Someone took the starter/generator off decades ago. Well, I saw a little cloth on the timing gears and took that out. Drained the oil and LOTS of oily cotton came out. SO I took off the oil pan and found more. Like enough that you can't see the crankshaft. Might have to knit a sweater. Maybe John will post the picture for me.

I cleaned and greased my bench vice today and found rat poison pellets stored away inside my vice. I thought once about leaving them where I found them but figured that the mouse that left them probably nibbled on a few while depositing the extras. Bon appetit! Zeke

OK Doug

you win the prize for greatest density of mouse nest material!

How's it coming along?

bob

I have a new '18 DB. Someone took the starter/generator off decades ago. Well, I saw a little cloth on the timing gears and took that out. Drained the oil and LOTS of oily cotton came out. SO I took off the oil pan and found more. Like enough that you can't see the crankshaft. Might have to knit a sweater. Maybe John will post the picture for me.

One day I was cleaning out a shed that I stored some of the parts to my '36 Dodge in. I had taken out a radiator and leaned it against the building. I kept hearing a squeaking noise but could not locate it. I leaned close to the radiator and found the noise was coming from the tank. I filled the radiator up with water and dumped it out and behold, 6 little mice and a very wet mother flowed out with a pile of chewed up rags! I guess they'll get in anywhere! Didn't use that radiator though!. Also had them inside the frame rails right next to the bees!

A friend of mine was transporting a bride and groom in his '37 Chrysler Imperial when a mouse jumped up and ran along the top of the front seat. The bride, in a terrified fit, screamed and threw her legs up almost driving her high heels through the front seat back. That was the end of the special rides!

Edited by jpage (see edit history)

I store a '15 DB for a friend. Some of you MAY have seen it at Hershey in the flea market, came from Kansas in an enclosed car trailer. A RAT had made his home in the seats of the '15, had enough corn and acorns to last him a while as he was penned up in the trailer for 2 weeks BEFORE making the journey to Hershey. We thought he may bounce out of the open trailer on the way to my house but he was still there when we unloaded. I finally had to shoot him as he would not leave the car. I washed a full five gallon bucket of corn, acorns and rat crap out of that car PLUS several of his relatives skeletons. It was truly a rat rod.