91 TC trans swap

I am having shifting problems (limp mode) with my 91 TC auto trans 3.0 engine. After reading about the problematic A-604 transmission and considering I prefer a standard transmission I would like to swap out the auto trans for a 5 speed standard shift. I have read the article by Hemi Andersen's but his project was on an 89 4 cyl model. My question is can this be done on a 6 cyl TC and what transmission should I use?

Thank You,

John

91 TC 3.0 Auto.

A543 is the transmission you want.

543 5spd transmissions are most readily out of daytona, not as many 5spd 3.0 lebarons out there. not that there are too many out there. you are going to need the cables, shifter assembly, pedal set, and you would end up needing a bobble strut bracket welded to your k-frame for the 5spd bobble strut on the rear of the trans as an automatic i'm pretty does not have one on 4cyl, i'm gonna assume the A604 does not either because it does not experience the jerking motion a 5 spd can. daytona/ lebaron cables are the only ones that are the proper length from a 523/543/568 manual transmission.

Edited by 89TC-16V (see edit history)