Weatherstrip questions

cool57

It was quite a few years ago that Clark's started selling Riviera parts and, as I remember, they became involved because they owned one.

Maybe a better question would be posed to the potential vendor- "How did they work on your car?"

Bernie

Hi cool57,

I've used Steele Rubber when I did a complete retrim on my 1960 Electra and my brother's 1960 Impala coupe. Doing the vent window rubber required patience but I can say the moldings were accurate and fit well. They replace some of the wire fasteners with cerrated plastic clips, but other than that they are accurate and willing to work with you on any exchanges, etc. Just my 2c but I was happy with their products and as important, their service and response.

I bought a set of weatherstrips for my Riviera from Metro and the distance between the molded angles of the roof rail piece were too long on both sides. A surly person on the phone told me my car must have been in an accident and the roof had been shortened. I had to cut the rubber and make a joint.

Bernie

Guest CARS, Inc.

We carry all the major manufacturers. Usually our prices are 15% less than buying direct. In the case of the Riviera, CARS, Inc. has their own brand of door weatherstrip and roof rail weatherstrips. Both are made in America and come with a lifetime guarantee as do most of the others. Check our prices.

Here are the website urls

http://www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/1963-up-riviera-group-10-door-roof-rail-ws-set-1963-65-buick-riviera-p-798.html

http://www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/1963-up-riviera-group-10-door-door-weatherstrip-set-1963-65-riviera-p-746.html

Edited by CARS, Inc.
Forgot Website Links (see edit history)

Guest CARS, Inc.

We offer a deluxe weatherstrip kit which includes:

Kit Includes

- Door Weatherstrip Set with molded ends

- Roof Rail Weatherstrip Set

- Trunk Weatherstrip Set

- Lock Pillar Filler Set

- Rear Quarter Window Vertical Seal Set

Plus other individual items like door bumpers, firewall grommets, etc.

Here is the link to the deluxe kit:

http://www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/1963-up-riviera-group-10-weatherstrip-weatherstrip-kit-1963-65-riviera-deluxe-p-27694.html

I purchased the 'Door' kit with the molded ends from Cars Inc. quite a few years ago when it was first released,

along with a set of second generation Riviera repro sill plates.

Needless to say the fit was perfect right down to all the pre-inserted plastic clips, and was an easy install !

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)

Which company makes the absolute best w/s for first gen Rivs? I see a lot of vendors sell rubber, but I suspect there are few actual manufacturers. Thanks all.

I think CARS has the best products, but Rubber the Right Way has the best name.:rolleyes:

I bought some stuff from Rubber the Right way (somewhere along the way, I got a 20% off email from them.) Rubber the Right Way is a distributor for the brands like Sof-Seal, Metro, and others. If I remember correctly, I got an assortment from them.