Fog light problem

Guest speegt

Guest speegt

I have a 1989 reatta . i have noticed all the sudden when i start the car the driving ,fog lights come on , i tried changing the foglight switch , no change ,any ideas or help appreciated .

Guest my3buicks

This may sound like a dumb question, but are you sure you don't have your fog light switch turned on? I run mine all the time with the fogs & running lights on.

Guest Corvanti

are your parking lights also coming on when the fog lights are on? when my '89 had the fogs on, they also came on. if it's just the fogs lights, perhaps a P.O. wired it so they could be used as DRLs (?).

BTW: i always kept the fogs on for use as DRLs. also, i seem to recall a thread or two here that explained how to wire the fogs to come on without the pkg. lights.:)

Guest speegt

No the switch is off and as far as it being wired differant no as well , the problem just started , i was driving car home and noticed the lights on on the rear of car in front of me , so i checked when i got home and yes as soon as i start car they come on , just the driving lights , not the parking lights, and as i said i tried a differant switch and same issue. It wasnt like this 2 weeks ago .

Guest speegt

thank you for the advice , for some strange reason it seems the problem is gone , was gonna replace the relay as i have spares but they are working perfect again , maybe it was stuck or i have a bad connection somewhere .