Speedo head

Guest wheelsport

Guest wheelsport

I've been playing with my TC's speedo trying to get the odometer to work for several months. Originally the gears were bad. Replacing them didn't change anything. I have had it apart four times with no success. I took it apart again today. Now the speedometer doesn't work either. Hence, I am now in the market for a speedo. Does anyone on the forum have an extra working speedo they will part with? Also, I have found a number of speedos on E-bay from LeBarons and other Chrysler cars which look to be the same as the TC speedos. Are they the same?

Bob

Edited by wheelsport (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
I've been playing with my TC's speedo trying to get the odometer to work for several months. Originally the gears were bad. Replacing them didn't change anything. I have had it apart four times with no success. I took it apart again today. Now the speedometer doesn't work either. Hence, I am now in the market for a speedo. Does anyone on the forum have an extra working speedo they will part with? Also, I have found a number of speedos on E-bay from LeBarons and other Chrysler cars which look to be the same as the TC speedos. Are they the same?

Bob

April 21, 2015

There is a speedo console listed on Ebay today but he does not know if it all works. Also, I am having the same problem with my odometers. I did remove the speedo and sent it to Phoenix. When it came back I reinstalled it into the car -- still does not work. Come to find out that if the push lever to reset is not completely free, it should not be pushed as this will again ruin the gears. It is dragging on the bottom of the plexiglass and therefore the gears are now broken again. I don't know if I can afford to keep sending it back to phoenix; can you tell me where you got the gears that you installed (Please).

Guest wheelsport

Howard,

The speedo gears are fairly easy to replace and are available at www.odometergears.com for $50 for both. There is also a video to take you through it. Be very careful to not dislodge the wires on the little drive motor.

I have found that the '89 TC speedo is the same as the '88 & '89 LeBaron GTC. The problem is that there are none available in the USA. My speedo has quit completely.

Guest My TC Toy

HIBROWN, my odometer reset rests against the lower shroud around the front of the cluster. I think this is "normal".